Bainbridge....

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Bainbridge....

Post by SHOWBOAT »

What can you tell me about it?

I’ve been to the American Cafe and hear the brewery is great. Flint River Outfitters has some cool things. What else is there?

How is the boat basin? Do people ski/tube north, south or both? Will it be a cluster this weekend?

Thanks in advance!
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Bainbridge....

Post by Salty Gator »

BBB is the bainbridge authority. If he doesn’t chime in, you could shoot him a pm
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

Go see.
Go north from the basin all the way to the big sandbar. There's also a spring near there, but you have to walk up a creek to get to it, and its pretty cool.
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

I've launched at Earle May Boat Basin a few times. It's the largest boat ramp / park I've ever been to. I think there are at least 8 or 10 ramps, restrooms, picnic tables and more. The bass fishing is great on the Flint and you really don't have to leave the basin to catch em. Can't say about the skiing... I was fishing :-D
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Thanks guys. Only 45 minutes, so we may check it out tomorrow afternoon. I owe y’all some pics; did a rig trip last weekend. Puerto Rico and Mexico just prior to corona. I did get up a snapper post, but time flies with a one year old. Ran him down to the fish camp today
Attachments
95C5CA15-22DE-4A0B-9BE1-4784991D588C.jpeg
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
bbb

Bainbridge....

Post by bbb »

There are two sand bars several miles north of Bainbridge and also one a mile south of Bainbridge. You can tube up or down the river. Plus the spring above the sand bar a few miles. Be careful in a bigger boat.

Big Jims is a cool place to grab a bite and a beer. Its off Spring Creek Rd about 20 minutes west of town.

We will launch on the lake and be out in front of the dam tomorrow. More room to tube and less drunks. City will be shooting Fireworks at the boat basin at dark. I heard you must be on the river or in your car to watch them. No gathering in groups on the grass.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Thanks guys. We had a great day. Only 35 minutes of trailering and no salt water clean up. Pizza and beer at Southern Philosophy. Launched at the Basin with zero waiting. Ran about 2/3 of the way to Seminole before my wife and son wanted to swim. Turned back to the sandbar and spent a couple hours floating. Met a guy who recognized me from softball 10 years ago. Wish I could have fished some, but it was too hot for the family. A little storm chased us back the ramp about 5:00. Some lightening and sprinkles just as we were leaving.

The Georgia DNR guys have some nice equipment. Not sure what the gray hulled boat was, but looked like a brand new 24’ bay boat with a 350 Yamaha. Never saw them stop anyone, but I did appreciate their presence.

I’m be back with some bass rods in the near future.