New Decking

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

dombern34
Site Sponsor

New Decking

Post by dombern34 »

just laid this yesterday and I'm extremely happy with the way it turned out. of course these pieces were precut for this exact layout so it went together like a easy puzzle. would recommend this on any boat! this is actually Ocean Grip which I don't think I could personally tell the difference between it and SeaDek except for the price difference. like I said, this was precut. I don't think it would've turned out as neat if I had to make the cuts myself. for this to be our first time every laying it, I think we did a pretty decent job lol. ready to get the boat back together and get a little slime on it.
IMG_2728.jpg
dropaline

Re: New Decking

Post by dropaline »

looks great, good job!! what kind of hull?
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Looks really nice Dom
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

Looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Badfish

Post by Badfish »

Who did you have measure and cut it for you?
RiverRunner

Post by RiverRunner »

Looks good!

Just an FYI for everyone. Sydney at Capital City Wraps is going to start offering this type of deck. She measured my Nautic Star a few weeks ago. She is not in full production yet, but's it's coming.
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

dropaline wrote:looks great, good job!! what kind of hull?
thanks! it's a Cast and Blast 17'
Badfish wrote:Who did you have measure and cut it for you?
Ocean Grip had this template already in their system so it was a pretty easy process, just told them what color I wanted and the trim color and it was on my doorstep in less than a week!
Fart Daddy

Post by Fart Daddy »

I did my older boat in a similar material and did it myself. I could not be happier. Really easy to work with and hides and hides any little imperfections. Soft on your feet and doesn’t get to hot. I have put the Bimini up and taken a nap on the floor of the boat while the kids fish. I did it myself but I know some companies will have you make a template and they will cut it all for you.
flatsbroke22

Post by flatsbroke22 »

Do you mind pm’ing the cost? It just got quotes from a SeaDek and Aqua Traction installer and they both were the same price but pricey! I installed SeaDek in my previous Pathfinder myself but just on the top decks. I’m wanting to do the entire boat this time like yours.
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

RiverRunner wrote:Looks good!

Just an FYI for everyone. Sydney at Capital City Wraps is going to start offering this type of deck. She measured my Nautic Star a few weeks ago. She is not in full production yet, but's it's coming.
Good look

dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

flatsbroke22 wrote:Do you mind pm’ing the cost? It just got quotes from a SeaDek and Aqua Traction installer and they both were the same price but pricey! I installed SeaDek in my previous Pathfinder myself but just on the top decks. I’m wanting to do the entire boat this time like yours.

I mean it's public information lol I paid 864.56 shipped. they threw in a fish ruler and I also added a custom cut pad that will go on top of the console (they forgot to send those two items in the first shipment) so that's why the graph is off in the picture. 815 was the retail price that we started with. once I added the other things and shipping it brought it to that total price so I think it's at a very competitive price in my opinion. I will say this as well, the 815 is suppose to be for a solid color, if you look closely I had mine trimmed in black. they said because of the virus they didn't have enough "camo" to do the correct thickness and normally overlaying it on a different color would have an upcharge. he said they would give me this option and still honor the original single color price of 815.00. they're customer service was great. I remember the last boat I had I was quoted around 4k for seadek…
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

I always forget you have the C&B - turned out great. What thickness is it now that its layered? 5mm? 6mm?

I keep flip/flopping between either doing the cap or just inside the deck/floor. Casting / Poling platforms are done now, but my surface is that heavy rubberized toughcoat kinda stuff and not smooth fiberglass. I think the surface of the C&B is much tighter grain as well.

Did you lay down any sealant/adhesive?
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

FishWithChris wrote:I always forget you have the C&B - turned out great. What thickness is it now that its layered? 5mm? 6mm?

I keep flip/flopping between either doing the cap or just inside the deck/floor. Casting / Poling platforms are done now, but my surface is that heavy rubberized toughcoat kinda stuff and not smooth fiberglass. I think the surface of the C&B is much tighter grain as well.

Did you lay down any sealant/adhesive?

lol it'll have to do for now until I can afford the dream boat. for it's size it's been a really neat boat. poling platform is off getting powder coated now and I will also be covering my platform in the same thing.

I would certainly put this stuff anywhere you would normally walk barefooted. it's very comfortable. it's about 6mm with the two layers. I did not add any extra adhesive. it comes with a super sticky 3m backing. I even laid it down after towing it in the rain to my buddies house and hand drying everything. in the pic you can see him taking the fan down that we used to also help dry the boat out lol. it's been in the baking sun for 2 solid days and everything is secure as it should be. couldn't be happier with it.
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Wow looks great, trying to get ready to do my Seaark here soon when it cools off, the carpet on it has finally gave up, but now I have sand down and maybe even paint some