Shout out to Covertime Upholstery

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

silverking
Site Sponsor

Shout out to Covertime Upholstery

Post by silverking »

Just wanted to give props again to a great local business that does quality work at reasonable prices. Covertime Upholstery in Tallahassee (across from the FCI, in the strip mall off Crescent Ave., 850-877-1151) just completed a project for me, one of many Jan and his brother Angel have done for me over the years. I bought a shorty neoprene dive suit off eBay to make a cushioned cover for my skiff anchor. Jan cut the arms and legs off and sewed up the seams with reinforcement. It's going to work great to keep the anchor from scratching the inside of my hatch or deck and keeping the rode/snubber/buoy neat and tidy.

The shop does cushion replacements (cover and foam) and tops for boats, too. Jan also helped me create an insulated cooler bag for my kayak and a heavy-duty cover for my BBQ grill. They also specialize in auto upholstery.

Good guys and they love to talk fishing! If you have any boating or vehicle seat upholstery needs, I highly recommend them. :thumbup:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
FishWithChris

Re: Shout out to Covertime Upholstery

Post by FishWithChris »

Great timing. Have been looking to get a new seat made to replace my current. My current is a full bench and only a few inches thick. I want something THICC and not as wide so that my rear hatches are more accessible and puts me higher on my drive line.

I'll swing by/call them tmrw. Thanks !

sent from the Ketchup Packet
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

They can definitely fix you up, Chris. Take the old cushion for a template. CT carries the different foams, have tons of material options and can make it to custom with snaps, slides, whatever. They did a couple sets for the Bayshore with closed cell foam for the console seat and the intermediate density for others.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
DEMON
Site Sponsor

Post by DEMON »

Jan is the man. Very good at what he does. He's done several custom items for me. All of them turned out great. Good work @ good prices. Oh yeah, he's a fisherman too!