Uflex helm with blinker jack plate switch?

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

silverking
Site Sponsor

Uflex helm with blinker jack plate switch?

Post by silverking »

Long shot but wanted to see if any members have a Uflex helm with the blinker-style switch to raise/lower a jack plate? If so, I'd like to hear any feedback on pros/cons and a photo or two. Haven't been able to actually see one and looking at some upgrades to my skiff.

Feel free to post here or shoot me a PM.

Thanks in advance.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Uflex helm with blinker jack plate switch?

Post by silverking »

Called Uflex and they directed me to the correct link on the site. The design isn't quite what I was looking for. Comprehensive for multiple applications on larger boats, but not very clean for a technical poling skiff.

Here it is in case anyone else is interested:

https://uflexusa.ultraflexgroup.com/en/ ... -trim.html
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Those paddles look ridiculous. I'd end up trying to switch to a lower gear for an even torqueer hole-shot :lol: :lol:

Why not just roll with an Atlas or Sea-Star blinker handle?

I thought Burgess and Doubee (William Davis) have one down there? Heck, call Swanson - I think he may have one as well? He could always direct you to someone that does or when he has a boat with it in the shop for you to peak at down there.

I currently have a toggle switch on the vertical part of my console below the dash that is a bit cumbersome to reach by hand, but have now trained myself to use my knee so I stay in full control. Weird, but works. I do want the handle on the helm, though.

Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
flatsbroke22

Post by flatsbroke22 »

I had the blinker style on my last boat and never liked it. I like mine attached to the throttle handle. I’m able to control it with my thumb while throttling up with one hand and steer with the other without interruption. The blinker was always cumbersome to work while trying to steer and raise/lower the jack plate.
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Thanks for the input, guys. The TH Marine blinker is not compatible with the Uflex helm that I have. Replaced it a year ago to upgrade to hydraulic steering, so no desire to do that again.

I currently have the black button pad zip tied to the throttle. Good control while running, but the response is slow. Will stick with it but probably replace the switch whenever I do go switch over to a Bob's jack plate.