Lowrance Touch Screen Issues?

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Lowrance Touch Screen Issues?

Post by Steve Stinson »

Anybody else having touch-screen issues with a Lowrance unit? I have an Elite 9 Ti that will not hold the touch screen calibration settings.

It is frustrating, not to mention somewhat dangerous to be zipping down a creek and not be able to zoom in or out to keep track of your position. Once the screen gets out of calibration it moves the cursor to the point it thinks I touched and it is near impossible to clear that cursor. (The clear cursor button also moves so it's not in the right place either.)

- Steve Stinson
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Re: Lowrance Touch Screen Issues?

Post by fishinfool »

This might sound overly simple but, try cleaning the screen paying particular attention to the corners. Touch screens use the correlation of the corners for reference. If one or more corners is out of whack, it can confuse the touch reading.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

I will give that a try. When you initiate the re-align screen function, it moves a cursor to about 8 locations on the screen and has you touch it each time. This process re-sets the alignment perfectly, but my unit doesn't seem to hold the position. I have a big flat-bottomed SeaArk, so the trolling motor and gps unit both take quite a shaking in rough water.

Chris Harwood contacted me also and suggested downloading the latest software update from Lowrance.

- Steve Stinson
StMarksAngler

Post by StMarksAngler »

I've got an Elite 9-Ti that I've had a lot of touchscreen issues with over the years as well... In the end I finally figured out that every time there's been a problem it's almost always because the ground connection had loosened. Might check into that. Was a big headache for a long time for me.