Mandatory Boating Safety Course Proposed

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

silverking
Site Sponsor

Mandatory Boating Safety Course Proposed

Post by silverking »

FWC is considering mandatory boating safety permit requirements for all boaters. Currently it is required only for the younger generation. There are plenty of idiots on the water and any education to prevent accidents and increase navigational awareness would be good. I didn't see any reference to the increased boating traffic this past year due to the pandemic. But if more manatees are spared because of a mandatory safety course, I don't have a problem with it.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 123090001/
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
ugadawg
Site Sponsor

Re: Mandatory Boating Safety Course Proposed

Post by ugadawg »

I had to take a course similar to this for Georgia when I was a teenager. Concerns about manatees aside, all one has to do is sit at the St. Marks boat ramp on almost any Saturday to see the strong need for a boater safety course.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

While it may be needed, I'm sorry, but I'm tired of big brother government coming up with more requirements!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

MudDucker wrote: January 5th, 2021, 7:37 am While it may be needed, I'm sorry, but I'm tired of big brother government coming up with more requirements!
THIS
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

I doubt a required safety course will slow down many boats and manatees are as dumb as blonde mermaids. Maybe they should take a course in how to avoid boat props. :-D
Enforce the laws, and raise fines for violating no wake and speed zones but don't punish all recreational boaters because of a few. :smt009
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
TheReelPapaSquat

Post by TheReelPapaSquat »

Everybody is required to have a license to drive a car, but I still see a lot of idiots on the road. PLEASE give me ONE more thing to do, ONE more fee to pay, etc.