Malibu Buys Maverick Boat Group

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

silverking
Site Sponsor

Malibu Buys Maverick Boat Group

Post by silverking »

News just out this am. Malibu has bought the Maverick Boat Group, which includes Maverick and Hewes flats boats, Pathfinder bay boats and Cobia center/dual consoles. All were produced in Ft. Pierce.

Malibu bought Pursuit Boats a couple years ago, which is also based in Ft. Pierce. So Malibu is suddenly a big player in the saltwater market.

MBG has long been a very strong supporter of Coastal Conservation Association. Not sure what the posture will be going forward.

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-rele ... Group.html
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
ropeman

Re: Malibu Buys Maverick Boat Group

Post by ropeman »

silverking wrote: January 5th, 2021, 1:57 pmMalibu bought Pursuit Boats a couple years ago
Isn't Pursuit connected with Tiara Yachts somehow?
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Pursuit and Tiara were both owned by the same family. The family retained ownership of Tiara Yachts, based in Michigan, when it sold the Pursuit brand.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
flatsbroke22

Post by flatsbroke22 »

Been in the MBG family for over ten years. I’m on my third 22’ Pathfinder. Absolutely love this platform and have learned pretty much everything there is to know about them on their forum. Lots of info there. I sure hope this acquisition don’t turn into a mess. Skip did mention on the forum that all the original owners are still there and more news are to come. We’ll see......
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki