Plotter recommendation $500-1,000

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Plotter recommendation $500-1,000

Post by Salty Gator »

Another option could be getting a discontinued or refurbished unit that can run it. I know a couple of folks that went that way with no problems so far
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

Salty Gator wrote: April 7th, 2021, 9:18 am Another option could be getting a discontinued or refurbished unit that can run it. I know a couple of folks that went that way with no problems so far
I had a Refurbished Garmin 74dv that worked awesome and not only that it was on top of my flybridge for years with not ill effects(uncovered). I think I paid around $400 for it but chartplotter pricing has gone crazy during covid(not sure why).
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

procraftwes wrote:
Salty Gator wrote: April 7th, 2021, 9:18 am Another option could be getting a discontinued or refurbished unit that can run it. I know a couple of folks that went that way with no problems so far
I had a Refurbished Garmin 74dv that worked awesome and not only that it was on top of my flybridge for years with not ill effects(uncovered). I think I paid around $400 for it but chartplotter pricing has gone crazy during covid(not sure why).
Global semiconductor shortages, they usually use of date chips to keep prices down and right now all industries will take what they can get

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk