Florida Marine Tracks around St Marks

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

eightwt

Re: Florida Marine Tracks around St Marks

Post by eightwt »

Old Dog wrote: April 29th, 2021, 10:55 pm I just picked up the Lowrance FS 9 with the Florida Marine Tracks for North Florida and took a screen capture of part of the coastline east of the lighthouse at St Marks. This is not an area I am familiar with but saw the thread and for those without the chip this is what it looks like. I am sure greater detail can be had with the 12 or 16 inch unit but $$$$ more also. And this shot is not zoomed in.
OD

Would be interested in your opinion as to photo imagery of FMT with that unit. Just got our Lowrance FS 9 hooked up and operational. Thanks.
Old Dog
Site Sponsor

Re: Florida Marine Tracks around St Marks

Post by Old Dog »

eightwt, in reference to your comment, Would be interested in your opinion as to photo imagery of FMT with that unit. Just got our Lowrance FS 9 hooked up and operational. Thanks.

I had just shucked my FS-9 unit out of the box and was trying to learn how to operate it with that FMT chip installed when I took the photo. I have a long way to go on the learning curve for the unit and chip but I am impressed so far. The C-Map Contour + software it came with is going to be good for inland waters and coastal too, with the FMT added just for kicks since I don't especially need it for the areas I regularly fish; Apalachicola to PC.
D
Here is a side-by-side shot of the two area with the c-map/FMT. The FMT view on the right shows red lines through the rocks.bars showing areas the FMT people have run safely.
Attachments
2021 04 29 ST MRKS MAPS 1.jpg