Florida Marine Tracks around St Marks

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

cody0707

Post by cody0707 »

Who has Florida Marine Tracks. The last video I saw didn't provide very many tracks around the St Marks area. My understanding is the St. Marks area just got updated. Are there a lot more tracks? Could anyone show an overall picture of St Marks to the Aucilla area?

Thanks.
ugadawg
Site Sponsor

Re: Florida Marine Tracks around St Marks

Post by ugadawg »

My dad just got it. We haven't fished St. Marks with it yet, but we have fished Keaton and Econfina with it. It seems to be pretty accurate with the rocks, and there were plenty of tracks to run in both areas.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Where did you get the information that the chip was just updated for st marks, I can’t find anything on it. The tracks are nice, but that’s only a small part of what makes this chip great. Most of the tracks are out a little from the creeks
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
ugadawg
Site Sponsor

Post by ugadawg »

They put out a message on Twitter or Facebook that they were mapping at St. Marks a few weeks ago
cody0707

Post by cody0707 »

Salty Gator wrote:Where did you get the information that the chip was just updated for st marks, I can’t find anything on it. The tracks are nice, but that’s only a small part of what makes this chip great. Most of the tracks are out a little from the creeks
https://www.facebook.com/15357749933999 ... 17810/?d=n

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkImage
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Thanks Gentlemen. I’m not on fb or Twitter. I emailed this morning asking if there was an update, and was given a 1 word reply. Yes...... he’s such a strange dude..
I’ll report back on the original question after I update my chip.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

FYI there is nothing inexpensive about fmt. From the unit you have to buy, the $350-$500 chip and close to a $150 for an update on a chip less than a year old. It is the best available, but you pay for what you get.
cody0707

Post by cody0707 »

Salty Gator wrote:FYI there is nothing inexpensive about fmt. From the unit you have to buy, the $350-$500 chip and close to a $150 for an update on a chip less than a year old. It is the best available, but you pay for what you get.
Are you getting the update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

cody0707 wrote: April 14th, 2021, 1:38 pm
Salty Gator wrote:FYI there is nothing inexpensive about fmt. From the unit you have to buy, the $350-$500 chip and close to a $150 for an update on a chip less than a year old. It is the best available, but you pay for what you get.

I will. But, I have to drive to panacea to get my chip out of the boat. Then send it in, once they get it they will send me an updated chip. He isn’t letting a chip get away
Last edited by Salty Gator on April 14th, 2021, 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

cody0707

Post by cody0707 »

Salty Gator wrote:
Salty Gator wrote: April 14th, 2021, 3:23 pm
cody0707 wrote: April 14th, 2021, 1:38 pm

Of course. But, I have to drive to panacea to get my chip out of the boat. Then send it in, once they get it they will send me an updated chip. He isn’t letting a chip get away.
Oh wow. Would love to see what the tracks look like once you get the update.

Fish5

Post by Fish5 »

Figures, i bought the chip about 4 months ago, now need to pay for an update
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Fish5 wrote: April 14th, 2021, 10:41 pm Figures, i bought the chip about 4 months ago, now need to pay for an update
You may get a deal or a free update. When I asked if it mattered if my chip was less than a year old. He said it did matter, but my chip was about a month over a year. Give that super nice guy an email or call. Dude has a great chip, but he isn’t friendly in the least
cody0707

Post by cody0707 »

I think you get free updates for a year. Also it would be great to see a pre and post update picture just so we can see what was updated.

Old Dog
Site Sponsor

Post by Old Dog »

I just picked up the Lowrance FS 9 with the Florida Marine Tracks for North Florida and took a screen capture of part of the coastline east of the lighthouse at St Marks. This is not an area I am familiar with but saw the thread and for those without the chip this is what it looks like. I am sure greater detail can be had with the 12 or 16 inch unit but $$$$ more also. And this shot is not zoomed in.
OD

Attachments
2021 04 29 st marks 01.jpg