garmin

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

hairface

garmin

Post by hairface »

i have a garmin 93 sv chirp cant find a wire and plug for my nmes 2000 outlet so i can hook to my vhf
is anybody familiar with this plug and can tell me where i can get one it is a 5 pin
FishWithChris

Re: garmin

Post by FishWithChris »

do you already have a powered NMEA2000 (or 0183?) backbone? NMEA connects are not simply plug and play, they must be powered and then connect through a series of T-connectors.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
hairface

Post by hairface »

dont know that answer only know i have a plug hole in back of unit that says nmes 2000 its a 5 pin plug i figure just need a plug with wires to hook to my radio.Radio has the extra wires to hook up
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Nope. A lot more than that. Search "NMEA 2000 Network, Garmin, VHF" in Google.

sent from the Ketchup Packet

Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
hairface

Post by hairface »

ok thanks