Navionics Advice

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Fishbster12

Navionics Advice

Post by Fishbster12 »

Good morning,
Need some advice on Navionics. My preowned Sundance Skiff has a HDS Gen 2 Lowrance unit, capable of a mapping card. What are some thoughts on Navionics? or is there something else comparable. I appreciate any thoughts/comments etc. Stay safe this weekend.
Last edited by Fishbster12 on August 12th, 2021, 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
flatsbroke22

Navionics Advice

Post by flatsbroke22 »

It would help to know what model Lowrance you have as they will except different mapping cards. But to answer your question navionics cards in general are great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki
Fishbster12

Re: Navionics Advice

Post by Fishbster12 »

Great point, I updated the post. It is a Lowrance HDS Gen. 2.
Thanks,
flatsbroke22

Post by flatsbroke22 »

That’s what I have and I run the Nav. Platinum +. Night and day difference from the Lowrance mapping that it comes with. It will also add Google earth overlay on all inshore waters.

2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Are you fishing more Inshore or offshore ? Or just pleasure boating

sent from the Ketchup Packet

Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
Fishbster12

Post by Fishbster12 »

Good afternoon Chris,
Inshore, I would like to see Ochlocknee Shoals at some point. However, I do not think a 16 ft. Skiff is the right boat to head that way.
Thank you for your response.
ropeman

Post by ropeman »

Fishbster12 wrote: August 13th, 2021, 1:16 pmI would like to see Ochlocknee Shoals at some point. However, I do not think a 16 ft. Skiff is the right boat to head that way.
It’s only 8 miles from the sand bar at St Marks. Just make sure conditions are right and find someone to head that way with.
Fishbster12

Post by Fishbster12 »

Thank you ropeman. I may post after the summer storms and see if someone will let tail them out there. Nice idea.
ropeman

Post by ropeman »

Fishbster12 wrote: August 14th, 2021, 3:52 pm Thank you ropeman. I may post after the summer storms and see if someone will let tail them out there. Nice idea.
A friend of mine told me that it was a short run from the Rock Landing boat ramp so I tried it on my old boat (17' Bass Tracker style). It's still 8 miles from the Rock Landing and the chop was about 2' so I ran for an hour to get there. That was the last trip I took on the old boat and now I feel more comfortable going out there on my 17' Mako Pro Skiff
Red Beard

Navionics Advice

Post by Red Beard »

The shoals are a cool spot. If been wanting to fish more that way, but my ADD takes over and I end up nowhere near it.

doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

You can get the navonics cards for cheap off Amazon if you by the older ones with out updates, $65...., Full price I didn't think it was worth it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk