Lowrance Navionics

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

kenfly

Lowrance Navionics

Post by kenfly »

I have a Lowrance hds 9 and I bought boat late last year from jville. The Navionics chip that’s in it is for South Carolina and north east Florida. Can I download the charts I need for our area on that chip or do I need to buy a new chip for our area? Or do i need to use a different navigation. I like the Navionics, have on my phone and that’s what I’m still having to use when I go out till I get my machine working like it should. Right now the charts suck on it .This is an area don’t have alot of experience with. Thanks for any help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rockyg

Re: Lowrance Navionics

Post by rockyg »

You need to buy a new map chip from Navionics. They have two levels, plus and platinum, the website shows the differences. I have the basic one in my Elite 7 on my Pathfinder. It works very well for my needs, mostly inshore. I'll bet the plus version will be all you need. $149 bucks.
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
kenfly

Re: Lowrance Navionics

Post by kenfly »

rockyg wrote:You need to buy a new map chip from Navionics. They have two levels, plus and platinum, the website shows the differences. I have the basic one in my Elite 7 on my Pathfinder. It works very well for my needs, mostly inshore. I'll bet the plus version will be all you need. $149 bucks.
Thanks you, that is what I was figuring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk