Boat Storage Tips - Tallahassee?

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

kg535

Boat Storage Tips - Tallahassee?

Post by kg535 »

I am a recent university graduate who will be moving to Tallahassee soon for work from Alabama. I have an 18ft bass boat that I really want to try to keep somewhere covered and out of the elements. It has proven near impossible to find a quality house to rent with a carport or garage where I can keep the boat covered, and likewise for trying to find covered storage elsewhere.

Any tips on somewhere that offers covered boat storage in the area? Or am I just out of luck? I've looked at the website for just about every storage place that shows up in a google search and anything that seems worthwhile, which isn't much, is not available.
ropeman

Re: Boat Storage Tips - Tallahassee?

Post by ropeman »

Welcome to Tallahassee (soon)! Seeing how you mentioned bass boat, I guess you wouldn't want to store it close to the saltwater. I know a co-worker recently checked on a spot to store his boat and they wanted $130/month for a spot in a parking lot with no fence around it.

I had a unit at Storage Zone - Self Storage 424 Capital Circle SW at one time (probably 8 years ago) and they had enclosed units you could fit a boat in or covered storage for RVs or boats.
Last edited by ropeman on May 24th, 2022, 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
edif

Post by edif »

AS Ropeman said welcome to Tallahassee you might want to look into a made to fit cover, first off they are well worth the moneyand keeps trash and dust at bay.
Squirm88

Post by Squirm88 »

Not sure what your budget or area of town you are looking for a rental home. I have one I am about to list for rent that has a carport that can probably keep your boat covered. It also has a huge backyard with double gate doors in case you want to keep it covered in the backyard. e-mail me at squirm88@hotmail.com if you want details.