Boat Flooring Question -

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Boat Flooring Question -

Post by Steve Stinson »

Does anybody on here have experience with Sea Deck or a similar flooring? My 2013 Sea Ark 2072 floor is beginning to show some wear so I am looking for options. The original grey vinyl that Sea Ark uses is one option. Another would be Sea Deck or similar product. I am not really interested in spray on floor covering or carpet.

One issue I have with the current flooring is the floor gets very hot in the Summer sun. I fish with my dog, so I have begun fishing barefoot. Once I feel the heat building up in the floor, I put the bimini top up for the dog.

Please let me know what you guys have had success with and also which vendor you used if they are local.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Steve Stinson.
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Re: Boat Flooring Question -

Post by onefishtwofish »

Sea Dek came on my Xpress. So far, so good. Easy clean up with 1600psi pressure sprayer. Other than the cat scratching it up, it is holding up very nice. It is stored in a barn. I will have more opinions in a year or so.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
flatsbroke22

Boat Flooring Question -

Post by flatsbroke22 »

I’ve put SeaDek down on both my previous Pathfinders and just done it on my current one. Previously it has held up nicely. This go round I’ve had some minor problems. I don’t know if their quality has gone down or I got a bad batch. It seems like every trip out I come back with a new rip or torn spot. I too have had cats use it as a scratching pad on two different occasions. They will tear it up! I have the two color thicker material on my decks and put down the sheet material on the floors. I feel like the the thinner (5 mil) sheet is holding up better. This was the first time putting it down on my floors and i love it. If you do go the sheet material route, hold out till thanksgiving, they have it half price. I’ll post some pics when it quits raining.ImageImageImage
Last edited by flatsbroke22 on August 10th, 2022, 3:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki
satsuma

Post by satsuma »

I bought some cheap, knockoff brand foam decking on Amazon three years ago and it's held up really well on my G3. Other than my poor installation skills, it looks pretty good. I made sure I cleaned the aluminum deck really well before I installed it. It wasn't very sticky the first day I installed it. You could actually peel up all the corners very easily. After it had been on there for a few days, you couldn't peel it up anymore. Not sure it that's how it's supposed to be or not.
Red Beard

Boat Flooring Question -

Post by Red Beard »

satsuma wrote:I bought some cheap, knockoff brand foam decking on Amazon three years ago and it's held up really well on my G3. Other than my poor installation skills, it looks pretty good. I made sure I cleaned the aluminum deck really well before I installed it. It wasn't very sticky the first day I installed it. You could actually peel up all the corners very easily. After it had been on there for a few days, you couldn't peel it up anymore. Not sure it that's how it's supposed to be or not.
Been wanting to add some foam to the main deck of my G3 but been worried it wouldn’t hold to the non-skid texture. Also if it’s able to keep up with day in/day out use.

How long has your material been on the boat?
How is your boat stored?
And just how easy does it clean up fish blood/gut stains?

And if it doesn’t hold to your liking; is their going back to before?
FlyrodC

Post by FlyrodC »

This guy quoted me $1900 installed with a 3 years warranty to do my Seaark 1860. He's out of Ocala so there would be some logistics to work out. He will do the measurements and quote the Seadek by itself which you would then install if that's preferred.

I have the Seaark vinyl in my boat. I think he planned to install on top of it. The main reason I was/am considering Seadek is to make things quieter so I don't spook Reds while sneaking around in the backwaters.

https://www.aquashinemarine.com/
homboyfsu

Post by homboyfsu »

If you do a search on this site there is numberous feedback about floor covering. You can even use my ID.
satsuma

Post by satsuma »

Red Beard wrote: August 10th, 2022, 7:14 pm
satsuma wrote:I bought some cheap, knockoff brand foam decking on Amazon three years ago and it's held up really well on my G3. Other than my poor installation skills, it looks pretty good. I made sure I cleaned the aluminum deck really well before I installed it. It wasn't very sticky the first day I installed it. You could actually peel up all the corners very easily. After it had been on there for a few days, you couldn't peel it up anymore. Not sure it that's how it's supposed to be or not.
Been wanting to add some foam to the main deck of my G3 but been worried it wouldn’t hold to the non-skid texture. Also if it’s able to keep up with day in/day out use.

How long has your material been on the boat?
How is your boat stored?
And just how easy does it clean up fish blood/gut stains?

And if it doesn’t hold to your liking; is their going back to before?
Redbeard,
material has been on for a little over three years.
Boat is stored under a carport.
Cleans up well with soft brush and dish soap. You do have to be careful if using a pressure washer. My 6 year old daughter pressure washed her name in the foam a few weeks ago. :lol:
satsuma

Post by satsuma »

FlyrodC wrote: August 11th, 2022, 10:07 am This guy quoted me $1900 installed with a 3 years warranty to do my Seaark 1860. He's out of Ocala so there would be some logistics to work out. He will do the measurements and quote the Seadek by itself which you would then install if that's preferred.

I have the Seaark vinyl in my boat. I think he planned to install on top of it. The main reason I was/am considering Seadek is to make things quieter so I don't spook Reds while sneaking around in the backwaters.

https://www.aquashinemarine.com/
I forgot to mention that as well. It made walking around on my boat much, much quieter.
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

Satsuma… oh no that’s funny now. But know it wasn’t at the time. Lol
FlyrodC

Post by FlyrodC »

[/quote]
I forgot to mention that as well. It made walking around on my boat much, much quieter.
[/quote]

Yeah, my wife told me to f-off last year when I told her about the $1900 quote. Instead I purchased a pad for $60 that is now attached to the 65qt RTIC that I stand on when poling. :lol:

We'll see the long term outcome. I'm retiring and might purchase and install Seadek as a retirement present.
bbb

Post by bbb »

Check out Hydroturf and Jetsports Blacktip.

I’ve used both. It comes in a sheets and you have to cut it with a blade.

If I owned a $100,000 boat, I would probably fork the money out for SeaDek.

However for my $3000-$10000 rigs, about $400 is all I want to pay.

Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

That looks great. I was absent from public school and never learned how to cut a straight straight line… lol

My work would definitely bring the value down of every boat in the county.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

I appreciate all the replies. Another forum member texted my about Hydro Turf. Sounds like that may be the way to go. I contacted Sea Ark and they won't sell a roll of the grey vinyl without going through one of their dealers.

BBB - Which flooring is in the bass boat in your pics?

Thanks - Steve Stinson
ropeman

Post by ropeman »

bbb wrote: August 12th, 2022, 10:49 am Check out Hydroturf and Jetsports Blacktip.
I got some Blacktip from you and did the back part of my tin boat. It has help up better than the hull! I'll take pictures tomorrow if I remember.