Alligator Point

For all the land lubbers, the place for land, pier and surf fishing info.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

wareagle1973

Alligator Point

Post by wareagle1973 »

Thinking of doing some surf fishing at alligator point tomorrow, any suggestions on bait and what to fish for? Thanks in advance!
bman

Re: Alligator Point

Post by bman »

Ive caught a few trout and Spanish in the surf... Gulp or spoons.
Reds will also cruse the beach at times- cut bait on the bottom does good but expect a lot of catfish and sharks.

The sharks can be a LOT of fun!!
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
jlattay00

Post by jlattay00 »

Do you know where the public access points are to the beach at alligator point??
Mo Redd

Post by Mo Redd »

This is way out of date for the previous posts, but I was just down there and talked to some guys from Arkansas who will be there for a couple of more weeks, fishing for and tagging sharks of all varieties. They're across the street from the marina and have shelters set up on the beach. If you want any shark info I'm sure they could fill you in. They sometimes use kayaks to take the bait way out to the deeper water and have some pretty heavy gear to reel in the big ones.
I'd just like to get a couple of smaller blacktips for the grill. Head 'em, gut 'em, fin 'em and steak 'em, leaving the skin on.
BigChewBoy

Post by BigChewBoy »

Hi, just thought I would let everyone no i had some luck at Alligator Point a week ago last Wednesday. Got there at 6:30 am just as tide was at its lowest with it coming in with good water movement. Hooked into and landed a 37 in Red. I was using a circle hook with sinker and cut up mullet. Felt good about releasing him though it was tougher having someone else close by who kept a big one they caught. Oh, well anyways going there tomorrow so wish me luck. Also bring a net with you for it is lot easier to land big fish with them duh, lol.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

BigChewBoy wrote:Hi, just thought I would let everyone no i had some luck at Alligator Point a week ago last Wednesday. Got there at 6:30 am just as tide was at its lowest with it coming in with good water movement. Hooked into and landed a 37 in Red. I was using a circle hook with sinker and cut up mullet. Felt good about releasing him though it was tougher having someone else close by who kept a big one they caught. Oh, well anyways going there tomorrow so wish me luck. Also bring a net with you for it is lot easier to land big fish with them duh, lol.
Call fwc if you see trash like that.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Salty Gator wrote:
BigChewBoy wrote:Hi, just thought I would let everyone no i had some luck at Alligator Point a week ago last Wednesday. Got there at 6:30 am just as tide was at its lowest with it coming in with good water movement. Hooked into and landed a 37 in Red. I was using a circle hook with sinker and cut up mullet. Felt good about releasing him though it was tougher having someone else close by who kept a big one they caught. Oh, well anyways going there tomorrow so wish me luck. Also bring a net with you for it is lot easier to land big fish with them duh, lol.
Call fwc if you see trash like that.
The big one they caught may have well been a legal slot red. He did not say it was as big as his, just a big one.

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

You may be right double, but from what was written, I'm betting it was over.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven