CSB Surf Report 4/26-27

For all the land lubbers, the place for land, pier and surf fishing info.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

RedMann
Site Sponsor

CSB Surf Report 4/26-27

Post by RedMann »

Seems like there have been a few inquiries lately about CSB fishing so I thought I would do a brief report on my weekend surf fishing. Friday evening the whiting action was hot and heavy but all small fish. Saturday afternoon hot action again but this time decent sized fish. I think I caught about a dozen whiting with a few lady fish mixed in over the course of maybe 90 minutes. Best surf action I've had in quite a while. Fishing cut fresh shrimp on 2-hook "pompano rigs". Kept a few whiting and fried them up for dinner -- good eats. Bad news is I didn't catch a single pompano. Also, I spoke with a number of folks over the weekend with no one catching any pompano except one local who said he caught a couple of shorts. The folks at Scallop Cove told me that people were catching pompano in the surf so maybe I was just talking to the wrong people. The only pompano I heard of being caught were caught from a boat down at the end of the Cape. Hoping to splash the boat in the bay soon but just haven't managed to do it yet this year.
bman

Re: CSB Surf Report 4/26-27

Post by bman »

Thanks for the report.... Was hoping to try Mexico Beach this week but the weather convinced me to cancel our trip.
Ready to get into some Pomps!
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Good to see you're still breathing, redmann. Thanks for the report.
What was I supposed to do today?
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Good to to hear a beach fishing report now and again. Lots of folks fish from the beach and we don't usually hear allot from them.

Welcome back RedMan :smt006
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.