SGI Sunday

For all the land lubbers, the place for land, pier and surf fishing info.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hiljun

SGI Sunday

Post by Hiljun »

Took the wife and kids to the east end of SGI to find shells for our house in Arkansas. Everyone knows that's where the good fishing I mean shelling is. The water was rough and the wind was strong out of the northwest so we didn't stay long. Went back to the first bathhouse and fished the falling tide on the gulf side. Took three poles but could only get two out cuz the fish wouldn't leave them alone. Nice sized whiting. Finally had to drop back to one poll. They would hit it as soon as it hit the water. The wife and kids played in the sand till dark and then one by one disappeared. They had retreated to the truck to stay warm. Every so often they would come see if I was ready to go only to find a pile of fish needing to be carried to the ice chest. Finally about two hours after dark I was low on bait, :beer: and cooler space so we headed back to the house. They may not be trophy reds or gator trout but damn they where fun and will make a meal or two. Used frozen shrimp from crums and a chunk of lime green fish bites to hold them on the hook.
bman

Re: SGI Sunday

Post by bman »

That sounds like a blast! and they eat great!
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Solid report, thanks
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

A day the family will remember a long time and tell the story over and over. That's what it is all about!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

Cool, Hiljun.
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
Gumbo

Post by Gumbo »

Very nice! We were down there this weekend. Fished the bar just to the west of the scout ramp on the rising tide and got not a bite. Usually find something over there. Fished the pocket park to the east of the church and the bar behind the church. Nada. Should have gone on the Gulf side and got some whiting.