Waders

For all the land lubbers, the place for land, pier and surf fishing info.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bpac
Site Sponsor

Waders

Post by bpac »

Looking to buy some waders for inshore around here. I would like to keep under 200. Any suggestions?
Hiljun

Re: Waders

Post by Hiljun »

I wear Crocks from Crums. $29.00
I have waded from west Texas to Key West in them.
Maybe I should wear waders and if I ever get hit by a ray probably will start.
I get the occasional cut from an oyster but in my opinion overall its more comfortable.
Danibeth

Post by Danibeth »

I have a pair of Frogg Togg chest waders for sale on the classifieds section here. I only wore them once. Gander Mountain told me no refunds on waders. Reason I'm selling is because I found a pair I liked better. They're not 'breathable" (but honestly I believe that's the biggest gimmick there is in waders) but they're easy to walk in. Mens size 8 if you've got a small foot.

I'd recommend Froggtoggs if you don't wear a boot size like that. They've always been pretty good waders for me (at least the hip boot version). And they run about $70.

I had a pair of cabelas bootfoot (don't tie) waders that were breathables that were great for five years. My problem is that I have a small foot and if I got in the mud my foot would slip out of the boot almost all the time. True for almost all of the bootfoot waders I've owned. Since those died, i've gone through a pair of waders per year looking for one I like, for at least five years. I didn't try the FroggToggs out the entire season, just once during early teal so I can't tell you bout their longevity.

I bought a pair of orvis waders this season where the boot laces up. Very pricey but they come with a lifetime guarantee of if anything fails, they'll replace it. They're THE BEST hands down waders for walking long distances in (and I do walk long distances in them). I haven't had a pair that was better for walking and moving around in and I've had nowhere near the issues with my foot sliding out of the boot when i'm in mucky stuff. So if you can afford it, go orvis. My opinion.

Danibeth
RCS
Site Sponsor

Post by RCS »

I have no experience with "fishing" waders, but have plenty of experience with hunting waders. Stockingfoot fishing waders and a good pair of wading boots are probably your best bet, but may put you over your budget of $200. I would look into the Cabela's Dry-Plus Breathable Stockingfoot waders...I think they're around $150 or maybe a little more. I have the Dry-Plus hunting waders (only difference is mine have boots attached and are camo) and they're the best waders I've owned. They're perfect for hunting/fishing in FL.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Different strokes for different folks, but I don't like the stocking foot waders. I prefer the built in boot and Cabelas had their lightweight waders on sale the other day. I prefer not to wear waders unless the water is cold. I like good wading shoes and shorts.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »