Alligator Point Fishing Report??????????

For all the land lubbers, the place for land, pier and surf fishing info.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DOC23

Alligator Point Fishing Report??????????

Post by DOC23 »

any fishing reports out of the Alligator Point Region???
HighOnTheFlats

Re: Alligator Point Fishing Report??????????

Post by HighOnTheFlats »

Starting to warm up.
“..Grew up watching Bill Dance and Stone Cold, that’s why I’m always fishing and do nothing I’m told.”
Rockfish14

Post by Rockfish14 »

I'll be fishing Alligator Point Sunday - Tuesday. I've never been there but my friend has but not this time of year. What can I expect? What should be biting? Bait? Any suggestion would be helpful.
Thanks, Rockfish14
HighOnTheFlats

Post by HighOnTheFlats »

Rockfish14 wrote:I'll be fishing Alligator Point Sunday - Tuesday. I've never been there but my friend has but not this time of year. What can I expect? What should be biting? Bait? Any suggestion would be helpful.
Thanks, Rockfish14

hard to say right now..been pretty slow. wind has made it kinda tough for sure. the good news is things are starting to warm up, and the bite should start picking up id say.
“..Grew up watching Bill Dance and Stone Cold, that’s why I’m always fishing and do nothing I’m told.”
Rockfish14

Post by Rockfish14 »

Thanks, it's the time we can go so we have to make the best of it. Like the old sayin goes "a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work"
Water temp. is 65. Is that warm enough to bring the fish in close to shore?
We gonna to try cut mullet or shrimp. We'll see how that works.

Rockfish14
HighOnTheFlats

Post by HighOnTheFlats »

Rockfish14 wrote:Thanks, it's the time we can go so we have to make the best of it. Like the old sayin goes "a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work"
Water temp. is 65. Is that warm enough to bring the fish in close to shore?
We gonna to try cut mullet or shrimp. We'll see how that works.

Rockfish14

I don't know about that old saying, depends on the paycheck from the "potentially" dreadful job where speaking about.

maybe give a go with live shrimp with a split shot and try to catch a pinfish or croaker as upgraded bait. ***PUTT ONE ON THE HOOK WHOLE AND ALIVE** than wait to see what your gear is made of ... ha ha

I'm sure the action will stay deep enough where it is just out of reach, but you never know.
Rockfish14

Post by Rockfish14 »

Well we had one good day (Sunday 25th). Low winds out of the SW. The other days the winds were out of the east and fishing wasn't as good.

Caught one awesome fish - 21 lb. 39.5 inch Redfish. It was on a cut up piece of mullet. But that was the only big fish we had. We did get a number of sailcatfish. The biggest one being nearly 5 lbs.

But that Redfish was my personal best.
HighOnTheFlats

Post by HighOnTheFlats »

Rockfish14 wrote:Well we had one good day (Sunday 25th). Low winds out of the SW. The other days the winds were out of the east and fishing wasn't as good.

Caught one awesome fish - 21 lb. 39.5 inch Redfish. It was on a cut up piece of mullet. But that was the only big fish we had. We did get a number of sailcatfish. The biggest one being nearly 5 lbs.

But that Redfish was my personal best.

Nice!
Geno67

Post by Geno67 »

Cool!