WORK and a LANARK SLAM!!!!!

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

WORK and a LANARK SLAM!!!!!

Post by dolphinatic »

Got up at 5:00am this morning to start the new school routine with the kids :evil: Had breakfast with my 5 year old Zach at school then headed off to Carrabelle around 7:45am. A client was moving his boat to the CBC and wanted me to detail it before having it storred. Since working in town was a washout, today was a good day to work in the rain. We got the boat moved from the marina to the CBC, and I did all I could with it and decided to save the wax for this weekend when it's dry.

With a little time to kill before heading back to Tally, I decided to go try some wade fishing down near Lanark. I was already soaked, so why not go fish :roll: The water was flat as glass with just a slight breeze......
000_3044.jpg
000_3044.jpg (1.17 MiB) Viewed 8778 times
I didn't get a bite for the first 45 minutes. I started wading through a grassy spot about waist deep, and then the action started. I caught a nice 18" trout to start the fun. 2 casts later yielded a nice 20" red with 3 spots on its tail :thumbup: A few more casts and I had a 17" flounder :thumbup: All 3 fish caught within 5 minutes of each other for a quick SLAM :-D Never had that happen. I caught reds one after another for the next 30 minutes before having to head out. Just for laughs, I hung 2 ladyfish....guess that would be the CYCLE????? :lol: No pics of the fish....I wasn't brave enough to take the camera out with me and ALL the fish were released to fight another day :thumbup:

I spooked numerous large reds in knee deep water on the falling tide around 3:15pm. I think I know where I'm going for next month's tourney out of Carrabelle :wink: I just hope it's not one of JT's famous holes :smt005
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
sundown
Site Sponsor

Re: WORK and a LANARK SLAM!!!!!

Post by sundown »

He got holes from Carrabelle to Aucilla ??? :o If so, I was probably in a couple of em Monday....
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Good job Tom. Unfortunately, it is one of my holes. Fortunately, I can not fish them all all the time. I will let you fish that one(and only that one) next tournament. I sincerely hope you do well enough to come in 2nd place.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Sea Dawg
Site Sponsor

Post by Sea Dawg »

Wonders if BB and CC will do it again??//
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Great day working Tom.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

Reel Cowboy wrote:Great day working Tom.
Somebody has to do it :thumbup:
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
Fishman
Site Sponsor

Post by Fishman »

:thumbup: :thumbup: