Another visitor at St. Teresa

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Another visitor at St. Teresa

Post by dolphinatic »

I had to go work in Carrabelle again today, so on the way back, I let my son try his hand at wade fishing at St. Teresa for just a bit. As soon as we got out in waist deep water, a friggin 7-8 foot alligator popped up right in front of us. He just kind of floated on the surface enjoying the waves for a bit. I didn't think too much of him due to the fact that in the last 2 years I have had 2 HUGE sharks come cruising by as well as numerous stingrays that looked big enough to surf on. Now I can add a gator to the list. Needless to say, the boy didn't care for it too much and stuck right by me :lol: All we caught were a few croakers and a HUGE stingray......both of us hooked into it and pulled it into shallow water to see it and release it.

Just thought I would let any of you that frequent that area to be on the lookout :o It's getting like friggin "Wild Kingdom" out there.....
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
Fishman
Site Sponsor

Re: Another visitor at St. Teresa

Post by Fishman »

:smt071
lizbeth
Site Sponsor

Post by lizbeth »

OMG... :o
Pirate Girl
Reel Addiction
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Addiction »

Me and the Retired Major fished there all day Saturday. We were chasing Reds in the shallows at low tide. Sure enough, that big bad boy was fishing as well. We give him his space, but the one we saw looked to have a head about two feet long. He would come up for air and go back under never moving much. From time to time we would see a hughe explosion in the water where he was going after the Reds, which by the way where everywhere. They were stacked up in about one foot of water chasing all the small bait fish in low tide. The problem was that the wind was blowing and the water turned cloudy so you could not spot them. We would come upon them and watch schools of them shot away! We tried top water, but the wind blew to much grass on the surface, and we tried pin fish and finger mullet, but they just hide in the low tide. All we could do was watch the big gator fish as the Reds exploded all around us. I was very cool to watch.

I sure like to wade fish that area in the fall and spring so I am hoping he goes away soon. I don't mind the rays and the sharks, but big azz gators will make think twice before sharing the water.
2true

Post by 2true »

I would have crapp3d my pants! My buddy saw a big Manta sky off the beach Saturday!