Bald Point report 7-23-2011

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CoastalPirate
Site Sponsor

Bald Point report 7-23-2011

Post by CoastalPirate »

First time fishing Bald Point. Took a right from the dock and fished whatever depth was between land and oyster beds as the tide was going out. Man, that is a fast current! Had to chase my son's beach toys a couple times between casts. Cloudy and sprinkled pretty much the entire time we were out there. We were throwing cajun thunders with new penny shrimp and DOA chartreuse shrimp. No hits. Did see a tarpon and a red fish tailing the surface for a moment. Lots of hermit crabs for kids to see as well as baitfish to chase.
The hunt for the notorious green whale never ends.
Instagram: mikemincy
Youtube: MrCoastalPirate
Reel Addiction
Site Sponsor

Re: Bald Point report 7-23-2011

Post by Reel Addiction »

I was out there floating around in a boat and only got one 8 inch whiting. Dog days of summer!!! Talked with a FWC guy taking survey's and measuring fish at the boat ramp and he said no one was having any luck. One boat with three guys had 5 trout. I think I am going to shut it down until September.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Going is half the fun.
You don't know if you don't go.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
CoastalPirate
Site Sponsor

Post by CoastalPirate »

Atleast you have a watercraft to get out to the fish reel addiction. If I had a saltwater trolling motor I could take my bass raider out there, but until then its wade fishing/freshwater fishing for me. I agree Jumptrout the trip is definitely an awesome part of the experience.
The hunt for the notorious green whale never ends.
Instagram: mikemincy
Youtube: MrCoastalPirate