St. George Bridge Fishing 8-25-2011

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CoastalPirate
Site Sponsor

St. George Bridge Fishing 8-25-2011

Post by CoastalPirate »

Got to the bridge by 8:30 am. It was partly cloudy when I got there.Windy. 70-80 degrees. Shortly after getting my gear ready it began to sprinkle. Used Gulp! New Penny shrimp on a Cajun Thunder and a top water till 10am. Caught nothing, HOWEVER....50 feet away from me a grandfather and his granddaughter visiting from Georgia and Tennessee managed to catch a 2 1/2 - 3 foot black tip and some bait fish. I didnt ask what he caught it on but from where I was standing it looked like squid. They left and I continued down the bridge throwing a golden spoon and a carolina rigged DOA chartreuse shrimp. Came up with nothing again. As I left another a man on vacation from Georgia said he had just caught a catfish on squid other than that no bites. Plastics vs. live bait. Live bait wins today.
The hunt for the notorious green whale never ends.
Instagram: mikemincy
Youtube: MrCoastalPirate