Bald Point 9-11-2011 *First Redfish*

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CoastalPirate
Site Sponsor

Bald Point 9-11-2011 *First Redfish*

Post by CoastalPirate »

Started fishing around 9am with my son and friend. Fished from low tide to incoming tide around 12. Sunny, around 80 degrees. Started fishing with frozen shrimp and abandoned the idea once I realized I was just feeding the pin fish. My friend and I threw golden and silver spoons, DOA natural and chartreause shrimp and Gulp new penny shrimp. No luck.....EXCEPT ON THE GULP NEW PENNY! I finally caught my first redfish!!! Will post photo when I get it from my friend. Had to release because it was waaaay too small, but it was a croaker none the less!! Also, some guys fishing around the oyster bars and the mouth of the the Ochlochnee said they caught a bluefish, pinfish and a redfish. What an awesome day!
The hunt for the notorious green whale never ends.
Instagram: mikemincy
Youtube: MrCoastalPirate
lordsfisher
Site Sponsor

Re: Bald Point 9-11-2011 *First Redfish*

Post by lordsfisher »

Uh oh, now I sense you're a redfish junkie! Now that you know where they are, when you catch it's big sister you'll be over the top. Sounds like a perfect day on the water. :thumbup:
"O LORD Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you." Psalm 84:12
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Re: Bald Point 9-11-2011 *First Redfish*

Post by fishinfool »

Once them Redfishes get in your blood you can't get 'em out. Sounds like we might have another one "hooked".