Bald Point 3-25-2012

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CoastalPirate
Site Sponsor

Bald Point 3-25-2012

Post by CoastalPirate »

What an awesome day! Got out to Bald Point at 9 am. Clear blue skies and windy. Temp outside was 65 and rose to 77 by 11:45. Water temp was 65 +. Fished on a falling tide. We finally broke the curse! Every time I take my wife fishing we end up with cold and windy weather and NO FISH! But not today!! My wife caught her first saltwater fish, a 12" flounder, I believe it is a gulf flounder! :-D No matter what she always has a good time, but she was beaming with happiness after catching it. AND this was the first fish I had ever filleted. There has got to be another word for addiction because I thought I was addicted to fishing before but now I can't even describe it. Fishaholic, maybe?

Prior to the flounder she managed to hook 2 pinfish. I used one for bait but no luck. Managed to hook a smaller flounder but it flopped off the hook at the pier. Baits used:
Rigs: Knocker Rig with DOA Rootbeer shrimp, Cajun Thunder w/ Gulp 3" New Penny Shrimp (jigged)
Baits: Gulp! 3" New Penny Shrimp, DOA Rootbeer Shrimp, Zara Spook, Mirrorlure Provoker Electric Chicken, Mirrorlure 4" Soft-Minnow Pinfish, Storm Swimming Shad (caught flounder), neon and white 1/4 jigs and DOA TerrorEyez (lost the eyes on an oyster).
Only took home one fish, but that one fish was like finding gold or $20 in your jeans. Take it easy and tight lines. :beer: :beer:
Last edited by CoastalPirate on March 25th, 2012, 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The hunt for the notorious green whale never ends.
Instagram: mikemincy
Youtube: MrCoastalPirate
bman

Re: Bald Point 3-25-2012

Post by bman »

Awesome!
Those flounder are great eating!
They like to eat minnows so the bait makes sense. Try gulp in the porgy shape...
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenj »

After my wife caught her first fish, a decent size red, she became hooked. Sometimes I think she is more into fishing than I am. We recently had three weekends in row that we couldn't fish and she wouldn't stop talking about how disappointed she was. Today she was itching to get out and brave the wind and she ended up with a nice 23" trout. Having her interested in boating and fishing has been a wonderful experience for me and my daughters (who also enjoy fishing).
The Back Porch
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Thanks for the good report! Nice fish and a happy wife. Couldn't ask for any more.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
CoastalPirate
Site Sponsor

Post by CoastalPirate »

Bman will do, looks like a trip to Kevin's fits perfectly into today's plans! I couldn't agree more TallyKen and SS. Its a great day when the wives are happy and even better when they enjoy fishing. My son enjoys seeing and touching the fish but he would rather play on the playground than fish with his Dad right now. Im sure youve been there before; 30 minutes after launching the boat your kid wants to stop because you promised them they could play on the playground after fishing...so they continue to ask every 5 minutes. Even reeling a 3lb bass in together couldnt tear away his focus of the playground. Oh well, hes still a tot and hes got many years to learn!
The hunt for the notorious green whale never ends.
Instagram: mikemincy
Youtube: MrCoastalPirate