Alligator Point beach fishing

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bama1964

Alligator Point beach fishing

Post by bama1964 »

Gonna be in AP 10/13-10/20. Been there 4 times, stuck with sail cats and croakers mostly. Next to last trip hooked and landed 24lb red. Spoiled now. Haven't gotten one since. Using cut bait and shrimp (usually dead since they wont last) right off beach and I am near the end of the point. Tried Bald Point pier with bobber and frozen shrimp, they just keep falling off or coming off too easily. Advice for upcoming trip?
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Re: Alligator Point beach fishing

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Beer, beach, rod holders, good lookin' women....If they bite ok, if not, ok....

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
Fishing_Ninja

Post by Fishing_Ninja »

Round up some sand fleas, or any other type of legal crabs. The reds, black drums and sheepshead love them. If you are going to toss cut bait, I suggest whiting. However, the stingrays and shark typically find the cut bait first. Fish on the ocean side whenever the surf is calm and the water is fairly clear. You will see people on the rocks for a reason. Also, live shrimp or recently dead shrimp will greatly outperform frozen shrimp. Early morning and high tides are best. Use circle hooks on drop rigs and let the fish hook themselves. ( unless you get into some sheepshead. In that case, use circle hooks, but keep the rod in hand, they are delicate eaters) All you should have to do is put your beer down long enough to reel in the fish.

If you get rough seas and dirty water, all bets are off. In those cases, take your chances floating live pinfish in the harbor or out by bald point.

Oh yeah, take extra weights, hooks and drop rigs cause you will lose some fishing from the rocks. It is the cost of doing business.

Hope that helps and good luck.
There is no such thing as a bad day fishing.
Fishing_Ninja

Post by Fishing_Ninja »

Fishing_Ninja wrote:Hope that helps and good luck.
Really need to stop using my phone for everything internet related. Just realized this advice is just a tad bit late. Oops.
There is no such thing as a bad day fishing.