Mashes Sands/ Ochlockonee River Bridge 5-11-13

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CoastalPirate
Site Sponsor

Mashes Sands/ Ochlockonee River Bridge 5-11-13

Post by CoastalPirate »

Hit Mashes around 7am with a buddy and friends. Partly cloudy skies, 75 degrees, started fishing on a low slack tide .They had been out there 30 minutes earlier and caught only a croaker. They were using live shrimp. After about and hour my buddy suggested we try out under the Ochlockonee Bridge due to the lack of bites and the immense noseeum swarm. Seriously you could not breath out there without inhaling the little hellions! Fishing under the bridge was a change in scenery for me because I had never fished that area before. Oysters scattered the shore, thankfully I wore my wading boots! I tripped numerous times wading through the mud but I knew it had to be worth it because the environment seemed perfect for Flounder. Patience and walking distance paid off and 1.5 hours later I landed my first Flounder! 14.5 in. Caught him on a Cajun Thunder rigged with a Gulp! New Penny shrimp on a neon yellow jig head. Had 2 other bites the patterned the caliber of the recent flounder but they threw the hook. Great day and awesome location! Shrimp and Flounder Poboys were on the menu that night!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368434128.460748.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368434153.923304.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368434174.745187.jpg
The hunt for the notorious green whale never ends.
Instagram: mikemincy
Youtube: MrCoastalPirate
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Re: Mashes Sands/ Ochlockonee River Bridge 5-11-13

Post by SS-342 »

Makes me HUNGRY!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Re: Mashes Sands/ Ochlockonee River Bridge 5-11-13

Post by mjsigns »

Nice Report. Been a long time since we've heard of a report from under the bridge :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Good Photos :thumbup:
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.