St. Joe State Park- Primitive Camping - 5-26-13

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CoastalPirate
Site Sponsor

St. Joe State Park- Primitive Camping - 5-26-13

Post by CoastalPirate »

Hit the trail head around 1 pm and got to the campsite around 1:45pm. The view from the campsite was epic. Fished on a falling tide and was able wade out pretty far. We were surrounded by horse shoe crabs, stingrays, and sea urchins. Air temp was upper 80's. Did not get water temp. Partly cloudy. On to the fishing! Caught a 15" trout after about an hour and a half. Caught on a tourist rig with a saltwater assassin candy corn shad hooked on a neon jig. I returned to the same spot 4 hours later after checking out the beach side (was hoping to catch pompano, no luck). Super low tide. Threw out the same rig but with a SA sexy pink shad and hooked up with a 18" trout. I almost started crying when the fish jumped out of my hands on the long trek back to shore. Yet I mustered all the energy I had and chased the fish down the beach and pinned him down. My buddy came down to see what the commotion was all about and he decided to give the bay another shot before dinner (8:30 pm) Not 2 casts later he hooked up with a 22" red fish. Same rig but with a Gulp! New Penny Shrimp on a red jig head. All 3 of us hit the bay at night in hopes of upping our luck but the trout found our head lamps more interesting than our bait. All in all it was another epic hiking/ fishing trip!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Last edited by CoastalPirate on May 29th, 2013, 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
The hunt for the notorious green whale never ends.
Instagram: mikemincy
Youtube: MrCoastalPirate
robbankston
Site Sponsor

Re: St. Joe State Park- Primitive Camping - 5-26-13

Post by robbankston »

:thumbup:
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week. -George S. Patton