SGI

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hiljun

SGI

Post by Hiljun »

We need to recruit some more poor folks to give surf reports. I am headed to St. George Island on Monday any word on what's biting and on what. If not stay tuned I will have it figured out by Tuesday evening. :beer:
timmy0257

Re: SGI

Post by timmy0257 »

Hiljun wrote:We need to recruit some more poor folks to give surf reports. I am headed to St. George Island on Monday any word on what's biting and on what. If not stay tuned I will have it figured out by Tuesday evening. :beer:
I will be fishing in and offshore out of SGI using the ramp near the east end of the island. Not much surf fishing, but I will happily report what we get into.
dogdayz

Post by dogdayz »

I will be heading down mid-late week next week and will add my two cents when possible. Probably not surf fishing but staying on east end, bay side with boat. Good luck!
timmy0257

Post by timmy0257 »

We fished a few public reefs south of SGI and did well. Trolled up two king macks to start the day off, lost a nice cobia at the boat when it shook the hook, gag, and caught a cooler full of snapper. Also worked a 7 ft Mako next to the boat before it broke us off. Things got hairy around 4pm when we decided to pack it in. We had to go straight thru the storm which wasn't fun but all went well.
bman

Post by bman »

I hear the Pomps are there... Let us know.
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

I heard some anchored at the cut on falling tide and caught pomps.
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

timmy0257 wrote:We fished a few public reefs south of SGI and did well. Trolled up two king macks to start the day off, lost a nice cobia at the boat when it shook the hook, gag, and caught a cooler full of snapper. Also worked a 7 ft Mako next to the boat before it broke us off. Things got hairy around 4pm when we decided to pack it in. We had to go straight thru the storm which wasn't fun but all went well.
Cooler full of snapper? Mangs? Care to elaborate?
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
timmy0257

SGI

Post by timmy0257 »

Mango. Sorry for the tease. We limited out with four people in the boat. This is all we could fit on he cleaning table. Image
Nambleman

Post by Nambleman »

Nice mess there Timmy!
jbearden

Post by jbearden »

Anyone been fishing at the east pass lately? I've done a lot of fishing at SGI, but never been to the east pass. Has anyone ever put a kayak in at the east pass?
New Mariner

Post by New Mariner »

Going to SGI in late May. Will be taking a small boat and a Kayak. Staying at the park. Any recomendations where to fish bay side? Thanks
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

That's a good haul Timmy!!! I could be wrong, but those mangs look a little like grunts to me. Both tasty tho. Congrats :thumbup:
timmy0257

Post by timmy0257 »

hmm. maybe so. they are tasty either way...
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

timmy0257 wrote:hmm. maybe so. they are tasty either way...
When's the fish fry? :thumbup:
Css1772
Site Sponsor

Post by Css1772 »

The pompano were on fire this past Friday. Caught about 20, 6 were keepers. Waded out to first sandbar and was pulling them in almost as soon as I got back to the beach. Used a pompano jig with frozen shrimp. Saturday and Sunday the surf was rough - just a few cats. Fished the cut Friday and Sunday - not much - a bunch of small rock bass and a cat. I didn't see anyone catch anything worth mentioning at the cut. The pompano were tasty...