Panacea June 5,'15.

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Panacea June 5,'15.

Post by DixieReb »

Went and tried the pier today, got there at 0800 and another couple was already there. Said all they caught was a stingray. I caught a quarter-size pinfish and put him out on my shark rig. Put another rod out facing the marina, soon got hit and pulled up a freshwater snapping turtle. Was bringing him in when the other guy fishing said,"hey, man, your rod's almost going over the rail". I handed him the turtle pole and asked him to bring it in, he did. I fought and landed a huge stingray, took both of us to lift it to the pier in my net. Broke his stinger off, got rig back and we both threw him over the rail using long-nose pliers. Sounded like we threw a small piano in when he hit. Interesting start. Fished til 3 PM and ended up with 2 whiting, 2 sailcats, and a small keeper shark. Also caught 2 eels and a host of hardheads, all released. Saw 2 dolphins and a manatee came up next to the pier. Those things are really big. :o Tide was still coming in when I left, interesting day and always good to be fishing salt! :smt004
Yours in the South
2true

Re: Panacea June 5,'15.

Post by 2true »

Trash fish Slam!
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

That's about what is was, 2 true. Except for the 2 whiting. I could have won a slam contest that day.
Yours in the South
bman

Post by bman »

Rock Landing dock or the Ochlockonee Bay fishing pier?
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Neither, Bman. Panacea Park pier behind Crum's. A boy came out with me and said he had caught a red from the Rock Landing pier the day before.
Yours in the South