Mashes Sands, October 24th 2015.

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Can'tCatchAnything

Mashes Sands, October 24th 2015.

Post by Can'tCatchAnything »

My buddy and I hit the pier at Mashes Sands today around first light. We came out with live shrimp and cast nets. First cast resulted in stolen bait and 2nd cast yielded a nice whiting. Whiting were biting pretty consistently for much of the mornIng, grabbed another good sized whiting aquarium a short I initially intended for bait. Threw the cast nets behind the pools and got plenty of pilchards, pinfish, and mud minnows. Got broken off a few times, but landed a bonnethead on a piece of shrimp. From there nothing hit the shrimp but pinfish and key west grunts. My buddy nabbed a nice speckled trout on a live pilchard, and about a half hr later got a nice flounder on a pilchard too. That was around 12ish to 1ish. After the flounder nothing was really caught on the pier, save for a 2 bonnetheads by another group. I threw some minnows and pinfish out but nothing seemed remotely interested in those. All fish were caught on a bottom rig, Carolinaesque style. The whiting, trout, flounder, and bonnethead became a pile of fried stuff for dinner. We also got onto a few jacks and a remora in between, but no catfish.

Haven't been out at the pier in awhile and it was the best day there in awhile.

Not a bad day.

http://i.imgur.com/tFKGW9E.jpg
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Re: Mashes Sands, October 24th 2015.

Post by fishinfool »

Sure beats working... :thumbup: :thumbup:
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: Mashes Sands, October 24th 2015.

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: :thumbup: Sounds good, I wondered if anything was biting there.
Yours in the South