St. Marks lighthouse jetty, March 6th.

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Can'tCatchAnything

St. Marks lighthouse jetty, March 6th.

Post by Can'tCatchAnything »

Haven't gone out inshore in awhile. A buddy wanted to go fishing and see the shore, so we went out to fish off the jetty at the lighthouse. We made it there just around 4 pm, it looked just about the last of an outgoing tide. We tried these Gulp! jerk shads in chartreuse and glow, rigged on 1/4 oz red jigs. I caught a few short trout largest maybe being a 14, and my buddy caught a good sized whiting. The trout were biting consistently though, and plenty of activity on both the channel side and the grass flat side of the jetty. The largest trout was caught on the grass flat side.

I never had much confidence in using Gulp, I've never caught anything on them before today. I really liked being able to chuck the bait out there and not worry about throwing it off, and covering the water seemed to elicit more bites. I may be inclined to go to a Gulp and jig more as a confidence lure than a topwater now.

It definitely feels nice to get out again.
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: St. Marks lighthouse jetty, March 6th.

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: :thumbup: Not bad, good to see something biting close in. We have used Gulps for several years and really like them. I keep a box full of different colors as fish tend to like one color over another on some days. I like Fishbites also, the shrimp flavored ones work real good and stay on the hook good. :smt004
Yours in the South