GEORGIA NON RESIDENT HUNTING LICENSE

For all your hunting related posts! If we get enough traffic here there will be other sub forums: Turkey Hunting, Deer Hunting, Duck Hunting...

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

THOMAS CITY CURVE
Site Sponsor

GEORGIA NON RESIDENT HUNTING LICENSE

Post by THOMAS CITY CURVE »

Just read where Georgia is more than likely going to raise the cost of the non resident hunting privileges by 40%. Any thoughts ?
Pirate

Re: GEORGIA NON RESIDENT HUNTING LICENSE

Post by Pirate »

Thank heaven I don't hunt since I'm now spending 60% of the year in Florida. They get you in the woods and get you on the water. Maybe they just want us to stay home and watch TV.
People that catch a lot of fish fish a lot!
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Georgia is raising the price on nearly every license, not just out of state. There are big increases in the lifetime license costs. Sure glad I got mine this year.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Crippledminnow

Post by Crippledminnow »

Florida needs to raise the out-of-state fishing license. What’s good for the goose is good for the gander.
CastTheFlats

Post by CastTheFlats »

You play you pay. It is getting more expensive to hunt everywhere but the deer grow big in some parts up there.

Jeffry50

Post by Jeffry50 »

I've always wanted to find a lease in Georgia to hunt but can't justify the license cost. I feel like if Georgia doesn't want to reciprocate with Florida on license cost that Florida should definitely raise there out of state fishing license price.
WILLIS

Post by WILLIS »

Pay to play is right. I would think Florida residents would make a bigger deal about this situation. Hundreds of dollars for a non resident license to deer hunt for about 4 months in GA. $20 to dove hunt or bream fish for one day in GA for a non resident. And Florida only charges $47 dollars for a non resident to fish our coast for a year. Deer are bigger in GA and dove hunts are normally better but we pay the price to hunt em. Just like Floridas saltwater fishery is by far better than theirs! So why aren't we raising the license 100% on non residents? Tourist? They can get a $17 dollar 3 day license which is cheaper than Georgia's 3 day fresh water license. Most "tourist" fish under a charter captains license anyways. Plenty of non residents are willing to pay over a hundred dollars to fish Floridas saltwater for a "year" and I think Florida should raise the license fee on them.
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

The raises on ga residents are substantial as well. Honestly the biggest % increase is on the residents not non residents. But now nonresident lifetime licenses are available. There has been backlash so maybe the increase won't happen.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Crippledminnow wrote:Florida needs to raise the out-of-state fishing license. What’s good for the goose is good for the gander.
Florida is already higher and has been higher on non-resident licenses than Georgia. I should know, I have been paying the freight for many years now.

Unlike Florida, most of our government in Georgia is supported by income taxes paid mostly by residents. Florida, on the other hand, taxes mostly property. If Florida were fair and non-discriminatory, people like me who own real estate in Florida should be able to get a Florida license for the same price as residents.

That's my two cents. That and a dollar will get you a cup of Joe at Mickey D's.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Jeffry50 wrote:I've always wanted to find a lease in Georgia to hunt but can't justify the license cost. I feel like if Georgia doesn't want to reciprocate with Florida on license cost that Florida should definitely raise there out of state fishing license price.
They used to, but Florida would not renew the agreement. Don't be hating on Georgia. Go protest in Tallahassee!
THOMAS CITY CURVE
Site Sponsor

Post by THOMAS CITY CURVE »

I don't like to see the cost of anything license related for sportsman go up anywhere. You would think the money we spend would go mostly to maintain the things we use like boat landings and WMA land. It's seems like now days we get canoe and kayak launches , kiosks for hikers and bird watchers and bike lanes on the highways. Most of the money goes to the people who don't buy a license or register anything they use in the woods or on the water. That's my 2 cents !
bman

Post by bman »

Before I left Atlanta I got their life time sportsman license $500 an that was 12 years ago.
That included everything- trout, ducks, deer, all of it... May have been the best money I have spent on the outdoors.

That said the license wars have been going on for years.
I remember one season non residents had to buy a big game license to hunt ducks... ridiculous.
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

try going to Louisiana, I believe I pay around 55 dollars for a 3 day over there! and that doesn't include freshwater.. things could be worse I reckon. but I do remember Florida only charging 7.50 for a 3 day!