Just a teaser

For all your hunting related posts! If we get enough traffic here there will be other sub forums: Turkey Hunting, Deer Hunting, Duck Hunting...

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Danibeth

Just a teaser

Post by Danibeth »

more to come later, but I was just too excited to not share. After hunting this past weekend and today and having at least 6 toms and 2 pairs of jakes work us over in those days, we made something happen this morning. Birds would come close to coming into range but then veer off when they couldn't find a hen. Or they'd be in range but because I prefer hunting swamps, sometimes it can get tricky and no shot is offered because of all of the stuff between us and the turkey. This morning most of the stars aligned and we didn't leave the woods empty handed (if all of the stars had aligned properly, we would've brought home a bird each but Steve's bird never presented a good shot because of stuff being in the way before they both started to get antsy and began making their way away from us).

I came home with a bird sporting 1 3/8" spurs, 9 1/2" beard and though I didn't weigh him, probably around 15lbs...which is pretty typical of swamp osceola gobblers in my experience.

Turkey #1 is in the bag...still plenty of season left and plenty of turkeys to chase.....continuing good luck to all who keep after em

Dani
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Just a teaser

Post by Salty Gator »

Atta girl. Good for you Dannibeth :thumbup:
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
countrycorners

Post by countrycorners »

Nice!
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

Nice limbhanger! Now you are playing on house money.

I have never been on a double hunt. Had chances, but never completed it.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

Very nice!
Stay Thirsty My Friends