Say hello to my little friend

For all your hunting related posts! If we get enough traffic here there will be other sub forums: Turkey Hunting, Deer Hunting, Duck Hunting...

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Say hello to my little friend

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

This guy was in the stand with me this afternoon. Image Hung out all afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Re: Say hello to my little friend

Post by Steve Stinson »

My cat bought one of those in the house last week about 5:30 am. I chased it all over the house and finally cornered it up behind the wood stove. Even after I explained to the little guy that I was his best hope for survival, he bit me on the way out the door. I released him in a big oak out in the front yard. Hopefully, he made it without the cat finding him a second time.

The entire incident reminded me of the movie "Christmas Vacation" where they destroy the house trying to catch a squirrel.

- Steve Stinson
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

I rescued one from a cat as a tiny baby.

Had her for 2 years and she was an awesome pet. Much smarter than the big ones(even potty trained for the most part).

I look for them all the time but haven't seen one since.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Steve Stinson wrote:My cat bought one of those in the house last week about 5:30 am. I chased it all over the house and finally cornered it up behind the wood stove. Even after I explained to the little guy that I was his best hope for survival, he bit me on the way out the door. I released him in a big oak out in the front yard. Hopefully, he made it without the cat finding him a second time.

The entire incident reminded me of the movie "Christmas Vacation" where they destroy the house trying to catch a squirrel.

- Steve Stinson
. Lol

Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

procraftwes wrote:I rescued one from a cat as a tiny baby.

Had her for 2 years and she was an awesome pet. Much smarter than the big ones(even potty trained for the most part).

I look for them all the time but haven't seen one since.
. First thing my wife said was "I want it "

Geno67

Post by Geno67 »

They are so cute.

I had one for about an hour. One of the field crews brought in a tiny baby and gave it to me. I went to lunch and the secretary had it when I came back - would not give it back.

It lived 3.5 years. Very old for a flyer.
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

Geno67 wrote:They are so cute.

I had one for about an hour. One of the field crews brought in a tiny baby and gave it to me. I went to lunch and the secretary had it when I came back - would not give it back.

It lived 3.5 years. Very old for a flyer.
They can live 12 in captivity.

They are just too small to stand up to the human world/house. Still miss her.
Danibeth

Post by Danibeth »

How cool that you had one in your stand. I spent some of this weekend cleaning out my various bird nest boxes and one of my boxes was stuffed full of stuff....like overflowing with stuff. When I went to take the lid off of it, I glanced in before the lid was totally removed and there were two pairs of eyes looking at me. I have a pair of flying squirrels living in one of my blue bird boxes. I know they're baby bird eaters but I couldn't bring myself to evict them, so I tapped the lid back in place, put the box back up and said good luck to the little cuties.