What an Adventure!

For all your hunting related posts! If we get enough traffic here there will be other sub forums: Turkey Hunting, Deer Hunting, Duck Hunting...

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Re: What an Adventure!

Post by Steve Stinson »

A buddy and I left a Proline flats boat overnight near the mouth of the Suwannee River under similar circumstances. We could move around in a circle, but not get out of the oyster bars that surrounded us at low tide. Gotta watch those tides and always keep a few more provisions on the boat that what you think you need.

Your story reminds me to restock my boat now, as the season begins. Glad you all made it out safely and kudos to Joel and FWC :thumbup:
Danibeth

Post by Danibeth »

Glad to hear it turned out well for you. It's definitely adventures like that that are remembered for a long time. I try to remember to have extra clothes because I get cold far too easily and water and food. It's always good to have a reminder from time to time to not get complacent.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Danibeth wrote:Glad to hear it turned out well for you. It's definitely adventures like that that are remembered for a long time. I try to remember to have extra clothes because I get cold far too easily and water and food. It's always good to have a reminder from time to time to not get complacent.
She her insulated bibs, but the issue became how much heat she would lose if she took off the waders and put the bibs back on. I had an extra coat and a rain jacket I always keep in the boat, but her problem was her lower extremities. Had I know she was taking off her bibs for the waders, I would have stopped her.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!