North FL Game Camera Captures 2017-2018 Season

For all your hunting related posts! If we get enough traffic here there will be other sub forums: Turkey Hunting, Deer Hunting, Duck Hunting...

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

big bend gyrene

Re: North FL Game Camera Captures 2017-2018 Season

Post by big bend gyrene »

RiverRunner wrote:Thanks for taking the time to make up the video! It was awesome! What did you have in the lighter stump? Everything seemed to like it! HAHAHA
Trophy rock mineral blocks... keeps it contained a bit so it can't be pushed away, yet they can still lick it and the ground around it as it dissolves. Doubt the trophy rocks hurt antler growth any (though in chronic wasting areas they're understandably frowned upon for congregating deer), but honestly I get way, way, WAY more videos of doe groups using it than bucks who seem much more random in visiting.

Is funny how other animals start using it as well, even for different purposes... hogs use it as much as a scratching post as for the salt. Even got a bobcat the past few weeks spraying on it to mark his territory. Think the bear and yotes visit with the hopes of eventually catching somebody at home, though to date thankfully don't have any kills captured.
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Live Bait

Post by Live Bait »

That was awesome!! Cool to see the fawns grow over the summer months. Excellent video!!
Greenbone
Site Sponsor

Post by Greenbone »

Great video, really enjoyed it.
tabb

Post by tabb »

big bend gyrene wrote:Few forum members seemed to enjoy a game camera compilation video I posted last year, so sharing another one put together from captures during the 2017-2018 season.

Last year really turned out to be "year of the fawns." Small clover patch I planted really seemed to anchor does and their young throughout the summer and I got tons of captures. Darn near impossible not to smile seeing the fawns bounce around.

Will add, video definitely is a bit more enjoyable via computer monitor than mobile device -- purposefully kept background music I added undertstated as not to be too distracting, but then when watching on my mobile had a hard time even hearing it. Few of the higher res clips definitely are more fun to see on a bigger screen as well.

Really tried to tell a few separate stories with the organization of the clips... hope a few of you enjoy. :beer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjqHwHdXmII[/video]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk