North FL Game Camera Captures 2017-2018 Season

For all your hunting related posts! If we get enough traffic here there will be other sub forums: Turkey Hunting, Deer Hunting, Duck Hunting...

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

big bend gyrene

North FL Game Camera Captures 2017-2018 Season

Post by big bend gyrene »

Few forum members seemed to enjoy a game camera compilation video I posted last year, so sharing another one put together from captures during the 2017-2018 season.

Last year really turned out to be "year of the fawns." Small clover patch I planted really seemed to anchor does and their young throughout the summer and I got tons of captures. Darn near impossible not to smile seeing the fawns bounce around.

Will add, video definitely is a bit more enjoyable via computer monitor than mobile device -- purposefully kept background music I added undertstated as not to be too distracting, but then when watching on my mobile had a hard time even hearing it. Few of the higher res clips definitely are more fun to see on a bigger screen as well.

Really tried to tell a few separate stories with the organization of the clips... hope a few of you enjoy. :beer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjqHwHdXmII[/video]
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
DEMON
Site Sponsor

Re: North FL Game Camera Captures 2017-2018 Season

Post by DEMON »

I really enjoyed that. Thx
flatsbroke22

Post by flatsbroke22 »

Very nice! You've got one heck of a heard! What do your food plots consist for?
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki
spothogg
Site Sponsor

Post by spothogg »

Very cool video! Enjoyed seeing all the different species. You’ve got some nice bucks in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenj »

Nice!!!!
The Back Porch
Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Post by Scoop Sea »

Excellent Video, thanks for sharing BBG.
"Be Careful Not To Confuse Motion With Progress."
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Great representation of N Fl wildlife. Thanks for sharing!
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
tailwaters

Post by tailwaters »

Nicely done, thanks for posting!
AugustusMccrae

Post by AugustusMccrae »

Awesome video. Man, I hate a hog.
RiverRunner

Post by RiverRunner »

Thanks for taking the time to make up the video! It was awesome! What did you have in the lighter stump? Everything seemed to like it! HAHAHA
laxman20

Post by laxman20 »

I really enjoyed watching that. Beautiful!
Laxman20

2005 Blazer Bay 2170
2008 Zuke Df 175

"Why can't we fish 5 days and work 2?"
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

flatsbroke22 wrote:What do your food plots consist for?
Purchased the land almost 4 years ago and first couple of years just had a single small 1/2 acre food plot planted in oats, winter rye, and crimson clover. Past few years I've expanded planting efforts to the point I planted about 5 acres this past year. That said, versus a single large planting area I planted a chain of small food plots that run from one to another so that they channel traffic flow to a degree. Also gives me the chance to try different plantings in different spots (various mixes including trials with triticale, winter peas, rape, different clovers, etc).

Majority of the fawn activity was recorded in a very small clover plot right up against my wood line planted in Ocoee ladino white clover. The does really seemed to love bringing the fawns into it and the Ocoee clover performed well all spring and even fairly well into mid-summer.
spothogg wrote:Very cool video! Enjoyed seeing all the different species. You’ve got some nice bucks in there.
With a small family and me the only one who eats much meat, I put a 2 buck self-imposed limit on myself when I started hunting the property. Did take 2 that show up in the video, but after that only "shot" the others via camera.

First one I harvested was a nice near-perfectly symmetrical 8 that ran in on a group of 3 does just after season opened. I might would have given it a pass for one more year had a tempting smaller-framed 9 point not built the fever up for about an hour leading up to the harvest. Literally had to make a snap decision on it due to waning legal light.
Nice 8.jpg
Bigger buck I took this year was one I named "Irma" as the first camera capture I got of it was a daytime capture just hours before Hurricane Irma reached us. Not the best scoring buck I've harvested off my place but the biggest bodied one and it really played cat and mouse games with me until late December, only visiting my place randomly during rut.
Irma.jpg
AugustusMccrae wrote:Awesome video. Man, I hate a hog.
After a couple of costly tractor mower repairs due at least in part to hitting rooted areas, right there with you AugustusMccrae. Hate them / eager to kill every single one of them I can.
Hog Harvest.jpg
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
AugustusMccrae

Post by AugustusMccrae »

Excellent move with the disposable gloves. My Daddy said he went to a DNR workshop in GA and they said 6/10 hogs in GA carry brucellosis (have to imagine it's in FL similarly). While carriers are supposedly safe to eat, humans can get sick from handling them. It has all but broke me completely from eating them. And I used to really enjoy smoking them. I'm sure it's all in my head, but can't get past it.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Really cool
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
FTReelty

Post by FTReelty »

Irma a pretty good N.Florida buck. Kill all hogs-they are a problem!