Oodles of Deer Today!

For all your hunting related posts! If we get enough traffic here there will be other sub forums: Turkey Hunting, Deer Hunting, Duck Hunting...

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

TOWM

Oodles of Deer Today!

Post by TOWM »

I saw more deer today than the previous two weeks combined! I was able to draw on two deer an hour apart, but they did not step into a shooting lane. I had one deer walk in so quietly behind me it must have teleported!! Luckily, I didn’t make any dumb moves and saw it before it saw me. For some odd reason instead of walking straight past my stand the deer turned and went into the cypress pond. About 30 minutes after sunrise three does and a yearling walked the game trail near my stand and proceeded to walk into a 15 year old clear cut. Then, as I was driving out of the woods a doe crossed the road within 50 yards of my parking spot.
It was a beautiful day in the woods. In addition to all the deer I was entertained by two albino squirrels, a fox squirrel, and woods ducks talking in the cypress pond. I can only assume the front that passed through coupled with no other hunters made the deer more active today?