Needing Home(s) for Tasty Pigs

For all your hunting related posts! If we get enough traffic here there will be other sub forums: Turkey Hunting, Deer Hunting, Duck Hunting...

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Edziu

Re: Needing Home(s) for Tasty Pigs

Post by Edziu »

Please bear with me if I screw-up, as this is my first posting on this site.
I am an old cripple who used to love to hunt and eat what I killed. I can no longer do that. My wife and I would love to consume another wild hog. Unfortunately she just ordered a freezer-full of organic pork. Would this offer be available in October? If so, please put my phone number in your contact list: 850-323-1170
Thank you!
Edward
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Edziu wrote: April 3rd, 2022, 9:39 am Please bear with me if I screw-up, as this is my first posting on this site.
I am an old cripple who used to love to hunt and eat what I killed. I can no longer do that. My wife and I would love to consume another wild hog. Unfortunately she just ordered a freezer-full of organic pork. Would this offer be available in October? If so, please put my phone number in your contact list: 850-323-1170
Thank you!
Edward
No idea if we'll be trapping any in October and just being honest hoping we slow way down by then due to catch efforts we're making now, but if so will do my best to remember to contact you. :thumbup:

Number of hogs harvested since trapping started in late February is up to 53 when counting fetal pigs sows have been carrying.

Trapped 3 more this past weekend.

277753217_10228561413915799_6668464920551824396_n.jpg
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
ropeman

Post by ropeman »

Just wondering how the population of pigs is doing. Do you still have more to eradicate?
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

ropeman wrote: December 19th, 2022, 2:39 pm Just wondering how the population of pigs is doing. Do you still have more to eradicate?
Put a big hurting on the local population between March and June with a total of 78 hogs harvested.

Typically piglets are easier to hunt / trap than adults, but frustratingly it was a set of 4 young orphaned piglets that managed to avoid the spring/early summer trapping effort, and I had to pick them off one at a time when I'd see them running around. Killed 3 of them but 1 lone boar out of the group has successfully avoided me to date. Also had a new sow show up on my trail cameras just this month, and she had a few piglets with her. Definitely NOT thick like they were earlier in the year, but suspect I'll be killing them from time to time until the day I die.
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945