Fishing for the Brave's Inshore Series

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

jmccartney79

Fishing for the Brave's Inshore Series

Post by jmccartney79 »

Hey guys, I don't know how many of you guys out there know but, there is a great local organization called Fishing for the Brave, dedicated to giving back to Vet's by taking them on free fishing charters. It's run by my friend Capt. John Swanson (aka Capt. Tater) who was also once a a Marine, but once a Marine, always a Marine, right?! Ha! Anyways, he is starting a "Inshore Series" which will consist of monthly tournaments. These "tournaments" are really a way to take a Vet fishing. There is no entry fee, but I believe he said a 12 pk. of cold ones should do the trick, & first place will receive braggin rights for a full month!! Now, this may not sound like a traditional tournament, it's really a way for us Vets to get together, thank each other for service, & share the water with the people & sport we love. If you're on facebook just search the name in the subject line & request to be part of the group. As far as I know, family is allowed to fish, but there must be a Vet on the boat. Once you become a member of the group, Capt. Tater can answer any questions you have. The first tournament is scheduled for May 28th, Memorial Day weekend. Thanks for reading!

Tight Lines!
Jeremy
randymullaly

Re: Fishing for the Brave's Inshore Series

Post by randymullaly »

Does this include Active Duty in addition to Vets?
jmccartney79

Post by jmccartney79 »

Absolutely!! Active is welcome as well. I'll be fishing & I'm still a active member of the reserves.
Red Dawg

Post by Red Dawg »

Do you think any would be interested in skinny water kayak fishing for Reds?
jmccartney79

Post by jmccartney79 »

Not sure Red, but you can email Capt. Tater here fishingforthebrave@live.com