Last NFGFC tourney and NO meeting, FB live this month

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

NFGFC

Last NFGFC tourney and NO meeting, FB live this month

Post by NFGFC »

****There is NO meeting this month!!!! We will do a FB live meeting on Thursday at 7:15pm from the NFGFC FB page!****

Pass the word along!

The LAST NFGFC tourney for this year will be October 6th and will be held out of St. Marks Outfitters, .....safe light is 7:04am Eastern time, Open Boundaries, launch anywhere you like.

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE PAYING THE CORRECT AMOUNTS WHEN SIGNING UP AND PAYING!!!!!!
And please fully complete members names on your tournament entry form so your points will be added correctly.

Please review the rules at https://secure-web.cisco.com/1FXt-9yrrW ... rg%2Frules
Entry forms are located at https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/0c6293 ... 598155.pdf

We will be testing out the 2019 Tournament signup and pay out the last tournament of the season.

The pay out format will be as follows:

1st Place = 30% of total entry fees.
2nd Place = 20% of total entry fees.
3rd Place = 10% of total entry fees

Big Red = 20% of total entry fees
Big Trout = 20% of total entry fees

-Tournament entry fee will be One Angler is $40, 2 Anglers is $60, Three Anglers is $80 and 4 anglers is $100, this includes your tournament entry fee and side pots for the Big Red and Big Trout. All non members will pay an additional $5 on top of all regular member fees.

- You can also sign up using our easy online payments at https://nfgfc.org/register?olsPage=prod ... -2-anglers

**This replaces the tournament day sign ups and all entries must be received by safe light the day of the tournament, PayPal will time stamp your entry.

Tournament Format: Trout, weigh your Five best trout {4 slot trout and 1 over 20"}.. The combined weight of each team’s catch of fish will determine the winner.

Kevin’s Fine Outdoor Gear and Apparel, http://secure-web.cisco.com/1VI7wMAg9Eo ... log.com%2F rolled over from last month and will will be worth $150.00 gift certificate for the biggest Flounder.

Thanks to Bevis Realty., http://secure-web.cisco.com/15DeAGBgxlB ... lty.com%2F for sponsoring the Mystery Fish for each month; $50 for the largest Lizard Fish!!!!

Thanks to our local Bass Pro Shops for sponsoring the Red Fish with the most spots with a $50 Bass Pro gift card.

Teams must be checked in by 3:30pm EST on tournament day. There will be a sign in sheet that at least one member must sign off on before the 3:30p.m. check in time. The weigh-in will begin at 3:45 pm and teams will weigh their fish in the order of entry.

Who's In?
Last edited by NFGFC on October 4th, 2018, 10:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Re: Last NFGFC tourney and NO meeting, FB live this month

Post by Steve Stinson »

Hmm. This should be interesting. I have a couple questions-
1. Is the mystery fish really a pinfish? Seems like that was last month's pick.
2. Did somebody let Beef O Brady's know we're done for the year with the meeting room?

Thanks - Steve Stinson
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

Roll call post curious how many might be in.
NFGFC

Post by NFGFC »

Updated to Lizard fish is the mystery fish.

Yes Beef has been called

After the last meeting with five people attending, and none of those fished the tournament we decided to do the Facebook live and see how that works.
Skeeter-Bite
Site Sponsor

Post by Skeeter-Bite »

?
Last edited by Skeeter-Bite on October 3rd, 2018, 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NFGFC

Post by NFGFC »

Skeeter-Bite wrote:How did you come up with this new payment layout? 1 angler pays $40...2 anglers pay $30 each...3 anglers pay $26.66 each.....4 anglers pays $25 each....that doesn't make sense?????? That's not fair.......
It's already a disadvantage to fish by yourself(less fish to choose from)....this will pretty much end NFGFC.......

Old format was for a single person was 20 tournament plus $10 for big red $5 for big trout and $5 total weight which was $40

Two anglers was $20 plus $20 for big red 10 for big trout and 5 total weight which equals $55

Three anglers would be $30 entry plus 30 for red, 15 for trout and 5 for total weight which equals $80

Four anglers would be $40 plus $40 for big red, $20 for big trout and $5 for total weight for a total of $105

If you have a youth on the boat they don't count as a angler so you and Steve would only pay for 2 anglers

All I did was include the side pots into one price....dropped the total weight side pot and increased the trout side pot and the tournament pay out

Please explain why this will be the end of the NFGFC
Skeeter-Bite
Site Sponsor

Post by Skeeter-Bite »

So now do we pay for the junior angler? Before we didn't pay the entry for someone under 16 but had to pay for their side pots......if we don't count them as an angler it won't work....the 2 person crews cost actually went up $5...it's just a lot of changes at once,I guess we'll see how it plays out......
Hollywood
Site Sponsor

Post by Hollywood »

Yes that is correct, they do fish for free and you should select two anglers for you guys........and its $5 Steve, if $5 is going to be the end of the club it is doomed to fail anyway. The do count as one of your anglers on your team, and you can not have more than 4 Anglers on a boat.

I know a lot of people don't like change but things have to evolve. This is not done on a whim, this has been something I have been mulling over for 2 years after talking with anglers both in and out of the club, individually and in groups and other tournaments, I just feel it has to evolve to survive.

I have big ideas for 2019 and with a little help I feel it could be one of our best years.
Last edited by Hollywood on October 4th, 2018, 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NFGFC

Post by NFGFC »

Here is a comparison of how the changes will look, this is the old format and payout from the September Tournament, the pot would have been $5 less but the actual tournament winner, 2nd place and 3rd place would have taken home more money instead of just the big red winner.

1st $50.00
2nd $30.00
3rd $20.00
Big Trout $60.00
Big Red $ $120.00
Total weight $25.00

Total Pay Out $305.00

This is what It would have been with the new format.

1st $90.00
2nd $60.00
3rd $30.00
Big Trout $60.00
Big Red $60.00

Total Payout $300.00
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Well I generally fish solo, and my approach (mostly tidal creek fishing) lends itself to better chances for big red than big trout, so you'd think I'd grouse about the fee/payout changes...

Naw. These dollar differences don't influence me one way or the other, and I gotta think most other members will react the same (maybe I'm wrong). The only reason I miss tournaments is if I'm working those Saturdays. Sure loved the old days of Sunday tournaments.

Change may not always lead to improvement, but at least you're trying!
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Have fished several club tournaments in the past, both with a partner and solo. The solo aspect is a definite disadvantage, but it's also a matter of choice. Didn't always enter the side pots and that has cost me before, but again at least I had a choice.

Basic entry fees of $20 for members or $25 for non-members wasn't prohibitive. Doubling the fees for a solo angler changes the perspective from a fun, casual event to another level and will not be worth it for me when I'd already be bucking the odds competing against double bag limits.

Just my .02
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Spotted tails

Post by Spotted tails »

I like the new payout and the price goes up $5 for 2 anglers that 2.50 per person. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. It’ll make it an easier process and better payout for 1st and 2nd place. I’m all for it. And the Facebook live meetings. It’s a tournament so it should be about who places 1st not who wins big red. Just my take on it.
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

Who's fishing saturday?
geofish

Post by geofish »

Dang, my buddy caught the biggest lizardfish I've ever seen last weekend. Never thought I'd go looking for 'em.
sorifish

Post by sorifish »

Sounds good to me. I'll be there.