2020 NFGFC schedule

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

NFGFC

2020 NFGFC schedule

Post by NFGFC »

Please head over to our FB page and let us know your opinion. We have an entire post dedicated to next years pending calendar and we’re trying to keep all relevant info in one spot so our FB page is it.
More info regarding this schedule is posted on that page also

Hopefully this link I posted works on here, if not it’s also on our FB page

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KVvOmk ... p=drivesdk

Edit to add- UPDATED 2ND CALENDAR IN COMMENTS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by NFGFC on June 21st, 2019, 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
FishWithChris

Re: 2020 NFGFC schedule

Post by FishWithChris »

No February tournament? We already cut out July/August, no reason we cannot have a February tournament (Red/Trout) combo

Also, Shell Point ramp? A September tournament will bring a lot of people in... there are also a VERY limited amount of spaces to park at Shell Point ramp, and NO roadside parking... what happens when a tourney member ends up getting down there a little later and can't launch because of no parking?

Shell Point is a great ramp and great area to leave from, but is too much of a risk IMO

No go on returning to PSJ? boooooooooooooo
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
TroutTrent

Post by TroutTrent »

Carrabelle had some pretty good weights this year if we are not going to St Joe I vote for that :thumbup: Shell PT :thumbdown:
NFGFC

Post by NFGFC »

Keep the info coming! February allows us to finalize sponsors after the holidays for guarantee payouts and we added a 2 day tourney in November in place of it.
We like the feedback regarding ramps, locations etc it helps us out

Nothing is final yet, we just want feedback so we can hear others thoughts and make a plan

We hear you guys!!!

SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

My dad has been hammering fish in sjb this week while I care for the baby. Sorry to see that location fall off. I like SP, but after seeing SG’s post would be concerned hosting s tournament there. Maybe worth coordinating with fwc beforehand.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
One Keeper

Post by One Keeper »

No Port St. Joe :o That place has been a staple for the club over the years. While it hasn't been the best the last few years reports are showing that good fishing is coming back. I would like to see that added back to the schedule. As for shell point, I think that would mean a lotta long runs for most to get in their comfort zones to fish, As for the parking there I haven't been there since the rebuild. Just adding my .02.
Williamsdad

Post by Williamsdad »

Congratulations Brian! What did you have?

Luc, Savannah and Mitzi doing well, hope all is well with you and yours.
Squirm88

Post by Squirm88 »

FishWithChris wrote:No February tournament? We already cut out July/August, no reason we cannot have a February tournament (Red/Trout) combo

Also, Shell Point ramp? A September tournament will bring a lot of people in... there are also a VERY limited amount of spaces to park at Shell Point ramp, and NO roadside parking... what happens when a tourney member ends up getting down there a little later and can't launch because of no parking?

Shell Point is a great ramp and great area to leave from, but is too much of a risk IMO

No go on returning to PSJ? boooooooooooooo
+1 for a February tournament red/tout combo open ramp
One Keeper

Post by One Keeper »

Add my vote to the Feb. tournament. :thumbup: Take that 2nd tournament that's on Sunday at Keaton and add a Feb. tournament. :-D
TroutTrent

Post by TroutTrent »

One Keeper wrote:Add my vote to the Feb. tournament. :thumbup: Take that 2nd tournament that's on Sunday at Keaton and add a Feb. tournament. :-D
:thumbup: :thumbup: Do like the last one a Keaton that would be a good Tourney.
NFGFC

2020 NFGFC schedule

Post by NFGFC »

One Keeper wrote:Add my vote to the Feb. tournament. :thumbup: Take that 2nd tournament that's on Sunday at Keaton and add a Feb. tournament. :-D
The whole reason we took February away was so we could get our sponsors lined up in time to have a guaranteed payout which is why we added a second day in November so we weren’t losing any tournament dates we just can’t get everything lined up and guarantee pay outs by January to start in February. Holidays and end of the year budgets etc get in the way. The bigger payouts seem to be liked

NFGFC

Post by NFGFC »

Made a few changes- see how you like this one
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JZvGQY ... p=drivesdk

FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Open boundary for championship is perfect. Muchhhh better.

Also, glad to see PSJ back!

Maybe Feb tournament can be an NFGFC FUNdraiser tournament where it is a 50/50 payout. 50% paid out to top 1 or 3, and other 50% is donated to an agreed upon foundation (like Fishings Future, or National Pediatric). Open locations with weigh-ins at the St Marks Fort. Start and end year at same location.

This way it allows us to all get together a little earlier in the year, fish for fun and for a great cause, and slip around on the icicles on the boat lol

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image