New trout regulations....take our poll

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

NFGFC

New trout regulations....take our poll

Post by NFGFC »

With the new trout regulations a few things will change some tourneys for us this up coming year...

Do you guys want to keep the St Joe tourney and only keep 3 trout

OR

Do we want to replace the location??

St Joe is usually a low turn out due to the location for most which means low payout too.

This also changes disqualification in our trout tourneys, before if your brought in more than over 20” in your stringer it was just removed due to the limits but NOW if your team possesses more than one over 19” you’re now in possession of an illegal fish and your whole team/bag is disqualified!!!

Take our poll over on our FB page and let us know would you rather keep the location or change the location.

Poll ends on 12/30/19

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FishWithChris

Re: New trout regulations....take our poll

Post by FishWithChris »

Posting 7-8.5lb trout strings is pretty embarrassing, albeit for the betterment of our fishery (NOT ARGUING THIS RIGHT NOW!)

> Tournament Format:
I'd like to see us go to a combo-weight format, 3 Trout (3 slot, or 2 slot + 1 over) + 1 heaviest legal Redfish.

From a points perspective, you can add bonus points:
> +1 point for heaviest Trout bag
> +1 point for heaviest legal Redfish

Bring back a mystery fish for bonus points? +1 - 2 points for MF?

***Also, we should look into utilizing either the iAngler app or similar method for a Catch Photo Release (CPR) for over-slot fish. (plays well to the conservative crowd, even with the increased regs).

> Location wise:
I love PSJ, great tournament. I'd love to keep it... but I do understand its a heck of a haul for those that live east of Tally; heck, its a haul for us as well! Where that tournament moves? I don't know, open St Marks tourney? Eco? Keaton? Cbelle? Lake Jackson summer bonus series?

I've voted in the FB Poll
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image