How’d you enjoy the iangler tourney?!

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

NFGFC

How’d you enjoy the iangler tourney?!

Post by NFGFC »

Our iangler tourney is officially over!

We had 10 teams, I think 21/22 anglers total.

Congrats  to

1st place- w/46” Jimmy Milton and team
2nd place w/ 45” George Goodson and team
3rd place w/43.75” Asa Martin and team

Paid out $620...not bad for a short notice, fun new tourney style on a cold February day!

How’d you like it? Glad we tried it?
Would you like to do it again?

Pros or cons you can think of with the app?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Srbenda

Re: How’d you enjoy the iangler tourney?!

Post by Srbenda »

I am strongly opposed to any tournament that Fishin' Chris wins. Also red boats.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
All photos copyright @saverymill
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

I was not able to participate in the tournament, but I was able to monitor the results as they were happening. It was pretty cool being able to see what was caught and when. Also I like the idea of a CPR tournament. :thumbup:
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Congrats to the winners. Super cool format. Let those big girls breed

We passed a red express yesterday. Was that the ketchup packet? ( not a bad name, but I feel an opportunity for a great name was missed)
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Haha yeah that was me, with the poling platform ? Ketchup Packet is her name. Whatcha got? She gets called a lot of things :D

Otherwise, absolute fan of the format and use of the app; as you know I've been an advocate for CPR for some time.

Because we don't have boundaries, can we turn off the location Requirement?

Sent from the KetchupPacket
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
NFGFC

Post by NFGFC »

FishWithChris wrote:Haha yeah that was me, with the poling platform ? Ketchup Packet is her name. Whatcha got? She gets called a lot of things :D

Otherwise, absolute fan of the format and use of the app; as you know I've been an advocate for CPR for some time.

That’s something we will talk about for sure.
Although rest assured no one else that uses the app can see any of the coordinates except the director(s) running the show.
But we understand the anglers side of it too.

Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

FishWithChris wrote:Haha yeah that was me, with the poling platform ? Ketchup Packet is her name. Whatcha got? She gets called a lot of things :D

I just can’t see how you’d name her anything other than red rocket (introduced to the public in the South Park episode) :lol:
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

HHahahHahahahh.

RED ROCKET RED ROCKET!!

Trying to keep it PG. (

Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

There was some glitch with my payment, and I wasn't smart enough to change my species from Red to trout so a couple of my trout got disqualified for being less than 18". That's what the trial run was for. Overall I like it and all my fish are still swimming so it's great for the resource. We need to figure out a way to still get everybody together. Being able to monitor your placement in the rankings eliminates the need to go to the weigh - in if you aren't collecting money. This and the Facebook club meetings does away with all the social interaction, which I consider one of the main reasons to have a club in the first place.

- Steve Stinson
NFGFC

Post by NFGFC »

Steve Stinson wrote:There was some glitch with my payment, and I wasn't smart enough to change my species from Red to trout so a couple of my trout got disqualified for being less than 18". That's what the trial run was for. Overall I like it and all my fish are still swimming so it's great for the resource. We need to figure out a way to still get everybody together. Being able to monitor your placement in the rankings eliminates the need to go to the weigh - in if you aren't collecting money. This and the Facebook club meetings does away with all the social interaction, which I consider one of the main reasons to have a club in the first place.

- Steve Stinson
This was one of my concerns and we can turn the leaderboard off so people still have to come to the weigh in but we can still submit our fish at the same time.
That was the first thing I mentioned to Chris when we did this I said I don’t want to take anymore away from the grouping of people getting together

bcastleb

Post by bcastleb »

I thought it was awesome. It has that MLF-ish feel to it being able to see live updates. There are also so many options to it, I do like the idea of removing the cap on size limit, if we're releasing them it shouldn't matter if the red is over slot. We could do slot tournaments and do the over slot on the app, that way the big ones live and we still meet up for weigh in. Overall i think it was great.
B.Castleberry
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

sounds like a success from many of the regulars.

sharing GPS coordinates would be a non-starter for me, even if only the TD receives them.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

SHOWBOAT wrote:sounds like a success from many of the regulars.

sharing GPS coordinates would be a non-starter for me, even if only the TD receives them.
Typically you can choose a pinpoint on a map,which I usually just move to somewhere in the ocean a few miles away. Or I'll change the coordinates it populates to some generic number.

Kelli/Chris, turning leaderboard off is a great option and definitely recommended. Also, still have requirement to come back to weigh in by X-Time to ensure people are present or get DQd

Image Image Image
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

bcastleb wrote:I thought it was awesome. It has that MLF-ish feel to it being able to see live updates. There are also so many options to it, I do like the idea of removing the cap on size limit, if we're releasing them it shouldn't matter if the red is over slot. We could do slot tournaments and do the over slot on the app, that way the big ones live and we still meet up for weigh in. Overall i think it was great.
I thought about the same thing, but the counter to that is what happens when you catch a red over 36"?? Most rulers that we use only go to 36", then you have a whole other problem on your hand.

I'm also in agreement with everyone on having a reason to come to weigh in. Whether it be bringing in the slot trout or doing combo weight tourneys with 4 slot and 1 red etc. The real fun comes in on how we would be able to weigh in the big trout. Could maybe use some kind of point system that is equivalent to lbs. Thought is that pound for pound on slot trout brought to the scale, but then .25 per inch for your overslot trout. So, 30" trout would be worth 7.5lbs or 24" trout would be worth 6lbs added to your slots. Dunno, just a thought...
NFGFC

Post by NFGFC »

We will not be requiring you to have your location services to be turned on, we want to protect your fishing spots.

I have spoken with the guys at IAngler and they can accommodate our tournament requirements. This format opens up the door for all kinds of possibilities, we can do a Slam tournament..... the combined lengths of a Trout, Red and Flounder, a Bull Tournament with the combined length of two of your biggest Reds in or over the slot, a total length tournament with the total of all the fish caught determines the winner.

The thought would be to cut off the submissions by 3:30pm and everyone has to be back at the ramp by 4pm to finalize the uploads, incase you failed to upload on the water due to no service, then announce the winners.

The leader board will either be permanently turned off or be cut off at noon, and everyone will have to show up at the "weigh ins" to see the results and claim their prizes, we still have obligations to the sponsors to represent them at all times.