NFGFC iangler question

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

NFGFC

NFGFC iangler question

Post by NFGFC »

Heyyyyy NFGFC so quick little issue as we were getting the iangler app set up for this weekend we found out that the cost is NOT $5 per team but $5 per person on the team which as we know can add up quick when you have 2/3 teammates

The only way to save cost is to only register the captain BUT that then entails more work of trying to keep up with who caught what on our own spreadsheet and only having the captains name on the app that can get tricky....

Thoughts on this?? Cuz it can increase a team of 4 from what we thought was $5 extra to $20 extra per tourney....

The only thing we can think of is registering as one TEAM name instead of individual names and everyone will have to enter their fish that way and we will have to transfer over who caught “big red”
etc to our own spreadsheet....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rainman
Site Sponsor

Re: NFGFC iangler question

Post by Rainman »

See if Iangler will be a club sponsor and waive the fees as their sponsorship fee...? Or look into other apps. What other app options have been considered?
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Or big trout turns into just a boat side pot for each tourney and those anglers all get +1 bonus point plus that tourney's big trout pot, and then reds stay on individual angler points?

Idk here. Maybe it's just boat registers and is there a way to put angler name in a notes section ? 5 per angler just isn't fair to our club participants.

Alternatives? I looked at the TourneyX app and it's also 5 per angler

Ugh.

Sent from the KetchupPacket
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

My initial thought is to get rid of angler of the year, so we can just register the team, but I'm sure there are drawbacks to that as well.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

If we go by the team as a whole, how do we deal with one person on that team being out for a tournament? I have a situation this week where Andrew has been home sick, so he is behind in school. He is checking to see how far behind today as he returns to school and then letting me know if he can fish with us on Saturday.

I guess the team points would be calculated regardless of the number of persons on each team?
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Steve Stinson wrote:If we go by the team as a whole, how do we deal with one person on that team being out for a tournament? I have a situation this week where Andrew has been home sick, so he is behind in school. He is checking to see how far behind today as he returns to school and then letting me know if he can fish with us on Saturday.

I guess the team points would be calculated regardless of the number of persons on each team?
Only those that fished on the boat for that tournament would receive those points; still putting the emphasis on individual points?

So here, Andrew would miss out on any bonus points since he was not present (better for all of us, probably :-D ) - the only issue now is when you have two guys fish on the same boat and at the end of the year both are tied for 1st place; how is that handled? Split the winnings?
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image