NFGFC...

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Re: NFGFC...

Post by SHOWBOAT »

What is the status of the North Florida Redfish Series? Are any officers willing to stay on or is this a refresh year?
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

NFRS is on for 2021!! 5 Tournaments completed by June is the plan.
Hollywood
Site Sponsor

Post by Hollywood »

Yes the NFRS is going to happen, Jimmy and I will be doing a Facebook Live Announcement sometime in October or November, we plan to have a test run tournament before the end of 2020. The website is up and running and we have everything ready to roll, the first tournament has already been scheduled with SeaHag Marina for February 27th 2021.

http://www.nfrseries.com
NFRSLogo.jpg
2021 NFRS Schedule.pdf
(273.08 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
Payouts-0001.pdf
(83.98 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
PhishingNole

Post by PhishingNole »

Hollywood wrote:Yes the NFRS is going to happen, Jimmy and I will be doing a Facebook Live Announcement sometime in October or November, we plan to have a test run tournament before the end of 2020. The website is up and running and we have everything ready to roll, the first tournament has already been scheduled with SeaHag Marina for February 27th 2021.

http://www.nfrseries.com
NFRSLogo.jpg
2021 NFRS Schedule.pdf
Payouts-0001.pdf
Can you share a link to the website?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

So I guess this is where the effort went that would have kept NFGFC going . :thumbdown:
TroutTrent

Post by TroutTrent »

Chris or Jimmy,
A few people I have spoken to was wondering what was going to happen to their membership fees for the NFGFC club since there wasn't a fishing tournament year? I know the answer but thought it would be best to let you explain.
Hollywood
Site Sponsor

Post by Hollywood »

Steve,

I will be more than happy to sit down with you and discuss things in more detail on how this differs from running the club.
Hollywood
Site Sponsor

Post by Hollywood »

TroutTrent wrote:Chris or Jimmy,
A few people I have spoken to was wondering what was going to happen to their membership fees for the NFGFC club since there wasn't a fishing tournament year? I know the answer but thought it would be best to let you explain.

Sure that's a great question, I will be more than happy to refund the membership to anyone who doesn't want to participate in the NFRS in 2021, if you do than if the club is truly dissolved they will be credited there membership for the 2021 NFRS.
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Hollywood wrote:
TroutTrent wrote:Chris or Jimmy,

Sure that's a great question, I will be more than happy to refund the membership to anyone who doesn't want to participate in the NFRS in 2021, if you do than if the club is truly dissolved they will be credited there membership for the 2021 NFRS.
I guess I'm missing something here, So if I don't ask for my club dues back you assume that I want to participate in the nfrs ? What other funds and are being used from the NFGFC to start up the new nfrs ? Am I wrong ?
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Good questions Chris. I have spoken with Jimmy, Steve and Chris in the last 48 hours. In all transparency, my objective was to understand whether there is a viable tournament scene in 2021, not to necessarily run a club or tournament series. That being said, I'm willing to help any or all of the organizations in this thread. For those of you who may not know, I've held various officer positions with NFGFC throughout the years and am very thankful to have had some wonderful experiences fishing in its tournaments.

I also tried to call Hobbs (his # seems to have changed, please let me know if anyone has his new number), and I'll be calling Steve Taylor shortly. Hobbs has played various roles with the NFGC. Taylor has not only given years to the NFGFC, but he has hosted several independent trout tournaments in recent years.

If there is anyone else I've missed who was a prior officer of NFGFC, or there is anyone that should properly be involved in ensuring our small, tournament fishing community stays aligned going into next year, then please let me know who I'm missing. Separately, it is my understanding the RTSO, STSO and Rock the Dock are all back on next year .

I don't believe anyone who has posted on this thread intends to take money or do anything else nefarious, they all want to encouraging fishing in our region. The group above is going to try to get together early next week and talk through mutually satisfactory options. An update will be posted after that meeting.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

I wanted to provide a brief update on the NFGFC. A few of us met at Showman's house last night and discussed the future of the club. The NFGFC will remain intact with all of it's assets - $, scales, banners, etc. Myself, Brian, and a couple others will work to get the corporate paperwork up to date and come up with a plan for the future.

Chris H. and Jimmy M. also plan to continue moving forward with their NFRS plans.

For the record, everyone was cordial and professional at last nights meeting. The actual discussion on the clubs took very little time because there was very little debate or disagreement.

I will keep you posted, or any of you members can feel free to call my cell phone if you have questions.

Thank you for your support and patience, and thanks to Brian Showman for putting together last nights meeting.

- Steve Stinson
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Exciting time for our region with so many tournaments coming up in 2021. If anyone has strong feelings about what the NFGFC tournaments will look like, I encourage you to raise your hand and take a leadership role. Now is the chance to speak up...