NFGFC...

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

NFGFC

NFGFC...

Post by NFGFC »

Ayyeeee how’s everyone holding out during all this craziness?!??

Look what came in and is looking AMAZING!!!!

We know everything is up in the air right now and we really don’t know what’s going to be going on in the next few weeks but we are thinking harrdddd on a possible iangler tourney in May....
THIS WOULD BE THE MAY TOURNEY(if we get to do it) that way we only have April to make up
And would count for member points, so make sure you’re up to date as a paid member!

No groups gathering and we’d Venmo or PayPal the winnings
We’d maybe require a FB/FaceTime live video for checking in and verifying who’s on the boat with you, def require great pics so you’d have to have at least 2 on the boat to be feasible when it comes to taking those pics, it would be open boundaries due to ramp closures and would be a big red/big trout combo (1 of each)
This would mean this tourney would be longest LENGTH fish and combined LENGTH of both fish for the combo, this would NOT be a biggest weight fish tourney!
Right now it’s just a thought and maybe a reality depending on what goes on in the next few weeks

We want to adhere to all local advisories and recommendations of course!

So we shall see how that goes in a few weeks

Would that be something that interest you?!Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Re: NFGFC...

Post by Steve Stinson »

I am good with an I-Angler tournament of course. I will check with Andrew and Hobbs, but I am pretty sure they are in too.
Srbenda

Post by Srbenda »

good looking tent.
Total length sounds like a very doable offense.
All photos copyright @saverymill
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

The optimist club tournament was postponed until june 13th I believe if you wanted to try having it the first weekend of may now just a thought.
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Why 2 on the boat required? I have fished solo in FCKA kayak photo tourneys that were based on total length. Almost all in those tourneys were solo, cuz we were in kayaks, and very few anglers fish in tandem kayaks.

Another question: If it is a photo tourney based on length, do overslot reds count? Obviously, you can take a picture and then release an overslot redfish.
CatfishBob

Post by CatfishBob »

Not sure having at least two anglers on the boat is a good idea, considering the Corona virus. Why can't single anglers take a cell phone picture of the fish on a measuring device, and text it to a given number? Anyone know if there will be a tournament this Saturday, May 9, 2020? Bob Hoelzle
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

bob no problem taking two with you if their family in my opinion or even if you take necessary precautions if your worried about it.
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

So Mike, looks like you and Carmike are the NFGFC Champions this year !! :thumbup: :thumbup:
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

what is NFGFC status? Any plans at starting tournaments again in some format? I sure do miss razzing everyone at weigh-in...
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

Gulf Coast wrote:So Mike, looks like you and Carmike are the NFGFC Champions this year !! :thumbup: :thumbup:
what does that get us :lol: .I was sure hoping to see me and carson give everyone a run for their money. I guess another year.
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

SHOWBOAT wrote:what is NFGFC status? Any plans at starting tournaments again in some format? I sure do miss razzing everyone at weigh-in...
showboat u just missed taking everyones money lol.check your messages too.
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

SHOWBOAT wrote:what is NFGFC status? Any plans at starting tournaments again in some format? I sure do miss razzing everyone at weigh-in...
Crickets :smt004
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Hate to see this die after so many years, but I don't have the ability to take it back on again. Currently starting a new survey business in Monticello, so money and time are tight right now.

I will call Chris and see if he has any plans. - Steve Stinson
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Chris / Steve,

Let me know how the conversation goes. I'm happy to help if it makes sense and some other folks want to contribute as well. Any word from Jimmy, Chris or the other guys who have contributed previously?
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
NFGFC

Post by NFGFC »

Hey guys,

Just wanted to jump on and answer your questions, no one has stepped forward and shown any interest in taking over running the club in 2021.......I made it well known in advance and clear that I would not be continuing past 2020.

I have so many things going on with trying to do the IFA Series, starting the North Florida Redfish Series with Jimmy and now Gavin is also fishing in B.A.S.S. Tournaments and I just do not have time or the energy to continue. I agree it would be a shame to let it end after 20yrs but there doesn't seem to be anyone willing to take over.