Emerald Coast Blue Marlin Classic Underway

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

silverking
Site Sponsor

Emerald Coast Blue Marlin Classic Underway

Post by silverking »

The 18th annual Emerald Coast Blue Marlin Classic at Sandestin kicked off with a flare start at noon today from Destin Pass. A feet of 79 boats are competing for $1.7 million in cash prizes. Blue marlin weight division (110" LJFL minimum), billfish catch and release, tuna, dolphin and wahoo. There are usually a few folks from the Big Bend/Tallahassee on some of the teams.

If you want to follow along, http://www.fishecbc.com will have blogs, live scoring and live streaming at the scales Friday and Saturday nights. Social media ( FB, Twitter, Instagram) will be covering it as well.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Emerald Coast Blue Marlin Classic Underway

Post by silverking »

Pullin' Wire, a 61 Buddy Davis, just weighed a 505-pound blue (114.5 inches). Sixteen-year-old Marina Adams of Tallahassee was the angler. Now in first place.

Triple Threat getting ready to move to the scales. Mollie has a 125-inch blue that will come in tomorrow.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

Thanks for posting Capt, Dave. After checking the score board all I can say is: WOW. Impressive weights. Don't you need a tackle caddy the next time you cover one of these? :-D
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Juan wrote:Thanks for posting Capt, Dave. After checking the score board all I can say is: WOW. Impressive weights. Don't you need a tackle caddy the next time you cover one of these? :-D
Tackle caddy :lol:
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Mollie's fish was the winner at 660.4 pounds. They also released three blues for third-place release honors. With tournament awards and optionals, Mollie won $514,933. Not too bad for a couple days on a glassy calm Gulf of Mexico.

Marina's blue (505) earned her the top lady angler trophy but no money as there were several other bigger marlin weighed in.